Need Advise From Ontario

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay! sorry for the offense there black mike, if there is any! And as for maxsomething, ........ Just tell, I'm the first in line.

If you need to provoke, there is much better place than this one here. Your response to me might be right, but your answering like looking for trouble. ......And oh! i don't like you either!

BACK OFF!!! :down: :wacko:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Maxipad

:lol:

:lol:

BlackMike Kapiskasing, Dryden, St Andrews. If your packing Fuel Jugs seemed like some were hesitant in re-filling them. I would also call ahead everytime i stopped for fuel, can save lots waiting at the smaller airports.

The last time I checked I don't remember reading the section in the CFS that details which hotels you can park your helicopter at and that's why there's never any shame in asking others who have already been there and done that.

There's always useful tidbits of advice that you won't find written down anywhere but can alway's be found by asking, even if some others might think that particular question infers stupidity. Those will be the guy's hanging out 10 miles out of town at a grass strip waiting an hour for the one cabbie in town that wants to finish his smoke before thinking about sauntering out to pick you up to bring you back into town for the night. Meanwhile while you are the guy plugging your heaters into the hotel's power outlet and will have a nice and toasty machine the next morning, something to think about.

Hope you have fun out there BM

DC

BM you never mention what type of aircraft or the range of it.

Fuel stops are according to the aircraft you will be flying?

Also where do you want to spend your first night.

There is places where you don't want to stop there for the night, simply not convenient, airport to far away from the hotel or no rides to and from the airport etc

Make it easy on you it is the same price.

As far as I am concern my first night (westward) is spent in Thunder-Bay.

JD

TRy mirabel,valdor,wawa,dryden, wpg....this will work for a jetbox...take some full gerrycans from your departure point and only use them if you need to...some places will not fill them...reminds me of the ferry I did from Island lake to Melville Pennisula...pull a donkey out of a jetbox ...repair...then reinstall and ferry back to wpg...stop over night then go on a fire north of nakina the next day...all this in 6 days and the fire boss says I hope you are fresh...we have a lot of flying to do...do you remember that one...dave Wood...what a blast :blink::rolleyes: :shock: I think the ferry mileage was around 3500 miles

Thanks for all the replies,

We will be flying a new L-4 from Bell, would like to park near heli types in case of problems. (shouldn't be any as it is a Bell) Will have a contract engineer on board and Junior pilot to build up hours so I can retire. We did wait a lot last time and appreciate the comments on the hotels etc- took the route- Ottawa, Sudbury, Chapleau (grumpy place)-Terrace Bay (Friendliest girl in Ontario at the airport)-Thunder Bay and west. Have a little brother to visit near Lethbridge.

Lots of fog on the edge of Lake Superior- didn't like that part. Had to land and get engineer to check intakes for ice- he melted his new coat on the pitot tube. Was unhappy. Maybe northern route through Geraldton is better in late march.

Thanks again, may see some of you out there.

B.M.

Jim, your idea is the best but want to get a few hours on the machine before summer- can't take jerry cans as we will have a case of scotch instead- Lagavulin is catching my eye these days- smokey taste reminds me of fire season- going to need it this year

The last time I checked I don't remember reading the section in the CFS that details which hotels you can park your helicopter at and that's why there's never any shame in asking others who have already been there and done that.

There's always useful tidbits of advice that you won't find written down anywhere but can alway's be found by asking, even if some others might think that particular question infers stupidity. Those will be the guy's hanging out 10 miles out of town at a grass strip waiting an hour for the one cabbie in town that wants to finish his smoke before thinking about sauntering out to pick you up to bring you back into town for the night. Meanwhile while you are the guy plugging your heaters into the hotel's power outlet and will have a nice and toasty machine the next morning, something to think about.

Hope you have fun out there BM

DC

D.C:

This is what I like to hear- they don't specify this at flight training or in the Flight Supplement. If you arrive at our base or town unannounced, you will be met with cows and maybe a Blue Healer or 2, no phone, maybe no fuel if we are out sledding or biking. Only radio we monitor is FM and frequency not listed either. Nothing in any supplement specifies this, although we are in there. There is no replacement for local knowledge- this is what I was getting at in the first place.

Sling take heed and no offense taken- I won't get scooped on the flight.

B.M.