Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Layoffs: Domestic Vs. Foreign Pilots

HUMMER

Talk about beating a dead horse here is a question that I have being that we have found a Hepac Executive back.What is HEPAC's official position on foreign workers receaving permits when there are Canadian workers out of work?Oh yeh this is not JR asking this is a member of Hepac asking.

Henceforth why we are trying to secure federal funding for "Canadian" flight crews....training and upgrading helps secure employment.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good politically correct answer, but I thought HEPAC was turned down on that proposal.Nmh was involved in a training program in the early 1990's with the federal government for air crews.

Any ways I gues I will ask my question again '"What is HEPAC"s Official position on the issueing of work permits for Foreign Pilots"?.

I personally think a good lobby from a unified group such as HEPAC speaking for Canadian Crews would show the nay sayers that this organization will work for members.Don't get me wrong I think HEPAC is a good thing. Show me some loyalty and I will sign up and pay my membership for another year or do nothing and lose a member.

Good politically correct answer, but I thought HEPAC was turned down on that proposal.Nmh was involved in a training program in the early 1990's with the federal government for air crews.

Any ways I gues I will ask my question again '"What is HEPAC"s Official position on the issueing of work permits for Foreign Pilots"?.

I personally think a good lobby from a unified group such as HEPAC speaking for Canadian Crews would show the nay sayers that this organization will work for members.Don't get me wrong I think HEPAC is a good thing. Show me some loyalty and I will sign up and pay my membership for another year or do nothing and lose a member.

Freddie, You will not receive an answer on the very important question you have asked. It's not that H56 doesn't understand the question, the MGMT at HEPAC will only go 50% of the way, and support the "real" issues facing Canadian aircrews on the reprenation front. The difficulty is LEADERSHIP, and the willingness to step away from the norm as they fear like most other followers to be precluded or ostrisized. Hepac needs somebody at the helm with a real set of kahoonas and the political connections to match. For now it's still a lame duck!

HF

http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/res_eng.aspx?Prov...&Student=No

Here you go maybe this will help end the kicking of those poor horses before PETA gets involved

4 pilot jobs available I wish I had the Hours :)

Anybody who has the experience and applies, and gets turned down. I may be worth sending me a PM with your name so I can forward it off to my friends at CIC and HRDC.

There are new requirements NOW in place before a permit can be issued.

Cheer all and happy job hunting.

HF

• 1 month later...

It seems like there is a lot of unemployed pilots in Canada right now.

And some like to blame the "expats".

I don't know why you can't get a job. Might be the experience, attitude or simply no job available. Maybe a combo?

These days it seems like Europe is kind of locked when it comes to foreign pilots. (Outside Europe). Not due to work permits, but simply due to the JAA license.

For those who could be interested in Europe, it might be worth looking into.

Because the way I see it, the industry over here is still hurting for pilots with experience.

The only big obstacle:

Conversion to JAA CPL-H.

650 hrs of ground school & 9 exams and your good to go.

(You benefit if you hold an ICAO ATPL-H) Then you only need to sit the exams.

I've been told by a few pilots looking for work that they have gone to companies advertising jobs in magazines such as Vertical and Helicopters. Only to be told they they aren't actually hiring, they put in the ads to help with foreign pilots work permits. That just doesnt seem right. These werent low hour guys either.