Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hac Convention - Committee Chair Election

That being said, BM is correct in noting that everyone has a vote at the HAC - It's not just for owners but for operators, pilots, engineers alike.

Jen

Jen:

I think I understand what you are trying to say. Just for clarification are you saying that all Operators, Pilots and Engineers have a vote regardless if they are members of HAC or not??

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splitpin,

I'm saying that everyone's opinion counts, and any ideas you or any of your peers may have that would better the industry for us all are definitely important opinions. The HAC committee meetings are open to all HAC members, and HAC members can be corporate OR individual.

If you want to make a difference, there's an avenue to do that - Whether it's contacting me or someone else who has chosen to get involved with the HAC, or whether you choose to join as an individual. Either way, there's an opportunity for your ideas and solutions to be heard.

Splitpin,

I'm saying that everyone's opinion counts, and any ideas you or any of your peers may have that would better the industry for us all are definitely important opinions. The HAC committee meetings are open to all HAC members, and HAC members can be corporate OR individual.

If you want to make a difference, there's an avenue to do that - Whether it's contacting me or someone else who has chosen to get involved with the HAC, or whether you choose to join as an individual. Either way, there's an opportunity for your ideas and solutions to be heard.

I don't like to admit it, BUT. I'm starting to see you in a different light. I think you will go far with HAC and I wish you the best Pam.

My Best

Splitpin

Just a short sideline Pam: Do you think HAC will be working with HEPAC??

In case the members of HEPAC did not notice I with drew my member ship by not renewing my membership this year.I asked one of the directors as a Canadian pilot what HEPAC,s position on work permits was and got the same answer they were working on a mentoring program.Unfortunately We as Canadian pilots do not have a unified voice I thought HEPAC would be that voice but when the time came they were silent.So back to HAC we go because HEPAC is not the answer.

FROM A EX HEPAC MEMBER

I am very interested in what Jen has to say. I encourage her to continue to canvas wherever there are interested heli types.

I have been a pilot since 1980. I am not a company owner or in air carrier management. And I have a vote at HAC.

And on that, I want to be heard there, And I know that I am heard, when I participate with a positive attitude and bring ideas that contribute.

Remember one that thing - that compared to many other similar industries, the helicopter industry has a high proportion of pilots and engineers running things, people who came from the operational side of things.

To broaden my point, the HAC convention has delegates/members from not only the air carriers (owners, managers and employees), but the manufacturers, suppliers, insurers, regulators and customers. How many industry associations encourage their customers to be players in where the industry goes????

Show up and ***** and you will get the cold shoulder, show up and help, and you will get a much better reception...........