Hac Convention - Committee Chair Election

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would vote for you if you'll pay my return airfare and the registration fee for the convention. I'm not a member so I think that's about 500 bucks for the weekend. does that seem high to anyone?

Hmmmm

I guess some people don't care about the fate of the helicopter industry in Canada- interesting attitude, have to remember this.

B.M.

I have been preoccupied with other recent events and haven't had a chance to read the updates on this thread until just now, and klw/skids up - By all means, I appreciate the opportunity to tell you what I'd like to accomplish if elected as Chair.

If elected as Chair, I would guide and direct the committee and encourage an active committee with discussion between industry counterparts (that includes large and small companies, management, engineers and everyone in between). The committee meetings are a great venue for active discussions and involvement, there seems to be issues that involve all of us that are commonly discussed between friends and coworkers but are rarely brought to the committees - I'd encourage everyone at the meeting to have their say and voice concerns they may have around those issues as well as present their ideas for improvement; which I would then communicate to the HAC board member who is charge of the Air Taxi Committee. Also, I'd like to promote more awareness of the HAC and the air taxi committee in particular - Let people in our industry know that there is a place where they can be heard and make a difference.

I have been preoccupied with other recent events and haven't had a chance to read the updates on this thread until just now, and klw/skids up - By all means, I appreciate the opportunity to tell you what I'd like to accomplish if elected as Chair.

If elected as Chair, I would guide and direct the committee and encourage an active committee with discussion between industry counterparts (that includes large and small companies, management, engineers and everyone in between). The committee meetings are a great venue for active discussions and involvement, there seems to be issues that involve all of us that are commonly discussed between friends and coworkers but are rarely brought to the committees - I'd encourage everyone at the meeting to have their say and voice concerns they may have around those issues as well as present their ideas for improvement; which I would then communicate to the HAC board member who is charge of the Air Taxi Committee. Also, I'd like to promote more awareness of the HAC and the air taxi committee in particular - Let people in our industry know that there is a place where they can be heard and make a difference.

From day one that HAC was formed it was an "Owners Club" and had NO interest in the actual people known as the working class, PILOTS & ENGINEERS.

Myself, never being one of the owners, just one of the middle management people that take it from both ends, am wondering where the **** you are coming from.

Having expected more from "HAC" when it was originally formed, I was disappointed.

SO, I decided to form an association for the Engineers & Pilots called HEPAC.

I have approached HAC since the inception of HEPAC to come to an understanding for the betterment of both parties and the industry, to no avail.

HAC has refused to negotiate any terms of reference with regards to SMS or ISM that is and will be a requirement of TCCA.

Your present CEO is known to HEPAC as is the originator of this missile is known to HAC.

If you want HEPAC support in your endeavor to the Chairmanship of HAC, earn "IT" by getting together, right now.

If you can't see it, it's called a winning situation, known as communication .

The originator of HEPAC, Don

Quote Blackmac, "If you want HEPAC support in your endeavor............."

Thanks Don, that was the funniest thing I've read in a long time !!!

p.s. If JLN wants HEPAC's support (???) I'm sure she knows how to find you,

and she isn't trying to be HAC Chair, just a committee chair.

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm writing this post with regards to the upcoming election for Chair of the Helicopter Association of Canada Air Taxi Committee.

This election will take place at the HAC Convention in Vancouver (at the Air Taxi Committee meeting on Sunday, March 29th from 1300 – 1600) and I'm actively campaigning for the position. I believe I'm a strong candidate for this position because I'm hard working and enthusiastic with excellent communicative and leadership skills. If you guys elect me, I'll promote an active committee and together we will all work towards our common goal of improving the Canadian helicopter industry as a whole.

Presently I am the GM of YYJ FBO Services Ltd. at the Victoria International Airport; I'm also currently the PR and Marketing Coordinator as well as Facilities Manager for the VIH Aviation Group. In the past I've spent time in Fort Nelson, BC as the Base Manager for VIH Helicopters and have been employed by Hawkair Aviation Ltd. as a Sales and Marketing Coordinator. I've also worked in various accounting firms and as an accounts assistant and an executive assistant for VIH Helicopters.

To supplement my work experience, I've enrolled in various courses which include the Canadian Helicopter Operator and AMO Management Course, International Business and Commercial Law courses at the University of Victoria as well as the Bachelor of Business Management program at Dalhousie University.

This combination of work and education experience has been very beneficial for my professional roles so far. I've gained communicative, management and leadership experience that has contributed to my growth on both a personal and professional level and I have earned the respect of more experienced peers in the workplace. Most importantly, I've learned that taking on a challenge is an opportunity to learn and grow.

If elected, I will act as a facilitator for the Air Taxi Committee and will guide and direct discussions. I really look forward to collaborating with a cross section of Canadian helicopter operators to face industry challenges together and progress towards a mutually successful future.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration of my campaign, hopefully I'll be seeing you at the HAC Convention!

Jen Norie

With a resume like that you could fly for NHL. I'm sorry I could not resist.....