Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Tv Show - Heli-loggers

Okay Twinstar, I hear what you mean re: MD 500 / "chainsaw" & Bell 206 (sweet cherry pie).

Helicopterjim...

"If only they would understand that we are not logging! We are doing site preparation for tree planters!!

... or creating new wildlife habitat!

..or my favourite! We are not logging, we are medevacing the trees off the mountain because they have fallen and cannot get up!"

*thanks for the laugh*

:)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only they would understand that we are not logging! We are doing site preparation for tree planters!!

... or creating new wildlife habitat!

..or my favourite! We are not logging, we are medevacing the trees off the mountain because they have fallen and cannot get up!

I missed adding the two words --as bad to my quoted sentence. :mellow:

It depends on whether they are paid by the meter or by the hour. If by the meter then the rate is a function of how much wood they can move.

Sorry HJ but that was a lame joke on my part as they state during the show-at least 2 dozen times - that the Chinook was costing $15,000 per hour. It got tedious really quick.

:D What a funny article!

"There's something about men working in trees that makes them the sexist blue-collar workers." Ms. Jillita's typo, not mine.

"If you like macho guys with tools, then Loggers is for you." :D

Don't get me wrong, all men are sexy...but I laughed all through the article, clear through the last paragraph...it's the way it's written or something.

Makes one wonder how sexy you heli-loggers feel after a whole day of that! :lol:

Okay, I quit laughing now. Not laughing at you, laughing with you! :rolleyes:

:D What a funny article!

"There's something about men working in trees that makes them the sexist blue-collar workers." Ms. Jillita's typo, not mine.

"If you like macho guys with tools, then Loggers is for you." :D

Don't get me wrong, all men are sexy...but I laughed all through the article, clear through the last paragraph...it's the way it's written or something.

Makes one wonder how sexy you heli-loggers feel after a whole day of that! :lol:

Okay, I quit laughing now. Not laughing at you, laughing with you! :rolleyes:

The article made me laugh as well there TQ. But there is an element of truth to the content. Let's just say that in small logging towns men are not neccessarily judged initially on their good looks. A good, worn in set of Buckin' Pants w/ suspenders and half a handful of sawdust laying in the crack of you know what goes a long way towards saying "I have a Job!"

Made me laugh too. Sounded like pseudo-contemporary Jane writing about macho hot Tarzan or something. Maybe she's capitalizing on the "Sex and the City" 'fully actualized female expression' bandwagon. Even if it were true, there's something to be said for maintaining ones posture, and executing ones delivery with subtlety, whip crack smarts, and velvet-like class. Still makes me want to watch it though. ;)