Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

New Tv Show - Heli-loggers

Ever been 90' up in a fir tree? Or hung on to an 066 with a 36'' bar for 6.5 hrs? I don't know. Every job out there to do with logging is hard, and an art all at the same time. Good on those boys to go on national t.v. and show their skills. I even saw an engineer one time lockwire the fuel nozzles on a 212 in the dark, when it was raining, left handed with no lockwire pliers...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever been 90' up in a fir tree? Or hung on to an 066 with a 36'' bar for 6.5 hrs? I don't know. Every job out there to do with logging is hard, and an art all at the same time. Good on those boys to go on national t.v. and show their skills. I even saw an engineer one time lockwire the fuel nozzles on a 212 in the dark, when it was raining, left handed with no lockwire pliers...

...and, uphill, both ways, in the snow, barefoot and pregnant... :lol: :lol:

I watched heliloggers last night- entertaining but not enough heli action. I wonder why the one faller had heat stroke- probably had nothing to do with the drunk he was on the day before??

I thought I recognized the pilot "Rick Campbell", except the Rick that I knew had black hair- Maybe the "movie star" Rick has had too many wives!!

Black Mike (from Drury Inlet)

I watched heliloggers last night- entertaining but not enough heli action. I wonder why the one faller had heat stroke- probably had nothing to do with the drunk he was on the day before??

I thought I recognized the pilot "Rick Campbell", except the Rick that I knew had black hair- Maybe the "movie star" Rick has had too many wives!!

Black Mike (from Drury Inlet)

I can confirm that is indeed Rick Campbell, who's string of ex-wives is legendary...lol

Guest bag swinnger
last nite's episode was pretty decent... :up:

I have worked with all three of those guys. I sure laughed when Cleaver pinched both his saw and Robins saw in the same snag! On national TV as well... I know I am not alone when I say that It looked good on him :P :P

Guest bag swinnger

That would be a good episode for any gals out there. Karen the pilot from Helifor gives great insight to what it is like working in an all male environment. looks like she is a good driver as well.