Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Man Survives Plunge Over Niagara Falls, Helicopter Assists In Rescue

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the chopper hovered above the man, using the force from its rotor blades to create a current that pushed him toward shore

HA that degree in physics paid off for the pilot!

But seriously....nice job by the pilot. Interesting break from the normal sightseeing duties.

Guest SidewallPuncture

pssst Reudi....if the donky dies......so do you.

get yourself a light twin for the dramatic hero river rescues. Bet they could demo one for you just down the highway....

the goal is to not add to the casualties.

Guest SidewallPuncture

he'd need a sail on top of his head to be pushed to shore with any ease.

the swirling water currents probably had more to do with him moving towards shore than anything

pssst Reudi....if the donky dies......so do you.

get yourself a light twin for the dramatic hero river rescues. Bet they could demo one for you just down the highway....

the goal is to not add to the casualties.

I think for the minimal amount of time spent over water for that rescue, one stove would be just fine. If I didn't have the nuts to spend even 5 minutes over hostile terrain with only one engine roaring behind me, I better find a different job.

Barels float on top of the water...this guy was in the water...did the helicopter really push him or is that just media BS.

Mark

I've swam through rotor wash many times, it's more then enough to push a struggling man around if used correctly. he's beaten, hypothermic, and obviously not all there in the head. he's not going to fight.