Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Man Survives Plunge Over Niagara Falls, Helicopter Assists In Rescue

pssst Reudi....if the donky dies......so do you.

get yourself a light twin for the dramatic hero river rescues. Bet they could demo one for you just down the highway....

the goal is to not add to the casualties.

Seems like the biggest risk these days in trying to rescue someone, is being ridiculed on these forums for your efforts. :down: :down: :down:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SidewallPuncture
I've swam through rotor wash many times, it's more then enough to push a struggling man around if used correctly. he's beaten, hypothermic, and obviously not all there in the head. he's not going to fight.

head injury victims tend to fight....quite possibly why he didn't want to be rescued....not because he wanted to die either. he's involuntarily trying to protect himself more than anything

Guest SidewallPuncture
Seems like the biggest risk these days in trying to rescue someone, is being ridiculed on these forums for your efforts. :down: :down: :down:

dude, would you rather have one victim or three?

I'm trained as a firefighter to save my own *** before anyone elses, even leave a fellow firefighter behind if it came down to me or him, it's a harsh reality that is sometimes a hard pill to swallow.

You do what you can to minimise risks and wear the gear to give yourself the highest possible safety margin.

Reudi routinely is involved in river and gorge rescues....he should really look into that safety margin of twin donkey's. He makes tons of coin and has no other excuse.

dude, would you rather have one victim or three?

I'm trained as a firefighter to save my own *** before anyone elses, even leave a fellow firefighter behind if it came down to me or him, it's a harsh reality that is sometimes a hard pill to swallow.

we had no victims in this case. Job well done to all involved.

Guest SidewallPuncture
we had no victims in this case. Job well done to all involved.

thats true....but will you say the same thing when his luck runs out?

head injury victims tend to fight....quite possibly why he didn't want to be rescued....not because he wanted to die either. he's involuntarily trying to protect himself more than anything

I meant fight the rotorwash. no point putting a swimmer in. how many hypothermia victims have you fought with? in my experience they may protest, but by that point they don't have much fight left in them.

Guest SidewallPuncture

wasn't arguing with you, just stating a fact about head injuries.

If he's so hypothermic he can't fight, he's going to be under the water very soon after, and a swimmer better be in the water.

This guy still had the ability to stay above water, which means he's got enough left in him to fight the rescuer and or the rotor wash.

Good 'Ol Reudi.

Always willing to lend a helping hand and be there when you really need him.....just ask anybody who has worked at Niagara.

Just a prince.

Kind, considerate and caring.

Always thinking of the other guy first....never himself.

He is a ray of sunshine in an industry that can be so cold and heartless.

God bless you Reudi.