Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Offshore Helicopter Involved In Incident: Coast Guard

I moved to Newfie about 5 years ago, it has shown me the resiliance and friendship of these hardy ocean going people in another light. No more jokes about Newfies Eh.I for one feel very priveledged, as well as very sad to have been in the midst of such fine, brave people at such a time.

well said NB

Live by the sea...die by the sea......i

You know, all of us on here and pilots/AME's/managment everywhere hear of fatal accidents on a yearly basis unfortunatly. And everybody knows somebody who knew somebody who was involved.

But this accident hit everyone in Newfoundland and the Avalon very hard. It's hard to describe unless you're from there or have lived there. Although being well inland of my salt water roots, I find this one hard to talk about even amongst my co-workers.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok boys thats enough! I don't think its nessesary for us to further define or describe the details of the final moments or relive this tragedy anymore! Its hard enough for the families that are mourning the loss of loved ones to now then be shown the detailed track log of the events.

I believe that now what is needed is some silence and time for those who have lost loved ones to mourn and for us to have some tact and respect . Its has been and still is a very sad subject!

So I would kindly ask that we observe and respect those involved and limit our input to respectfull messages of support for those involved.

:(

Kindest regards

Happyfeet

Guest SidewallPuncture
Ok boys thats enough! I don't think its nessesary for us to further define or describe the details of the final moments or relive this tragedy anymore! Its hard enough for the families that are mourning the loss of loved ones to now then be shown the detailed track log of the events.

I believe that now what is needed is some silence and time for those who have lost loved ones to mourn and for us to have some tact and respect . Its has been and still is a very sad subject!

So I would kindly ask that we observe and respect those involved and limit our input to respectfull messages of support for those involved.

Kindest regards

Happyfeet

I'm not speaking for those families and friends involved, but i can tell you in my opinion, if i was in their shoes, i'd be searching for those answers too. and I would be wearing out google looking for those answers, I would be hounding TSB, TC and Cougar every step of the way. It would be a tireless effort on my part to satisfy my curiosity about the final moments.

This is not some shrine, this is an open forum, a forum that not only shows compassion when needed, but also shows a wealth of imformation at the same time. Many of us have that information to pass on.

I am sure the family members know plenty of the days events from updates from the agencies involved, and unless someone here works for TSB or TC and has the kahunas to post up the inside information, I can bet those two agencies are already feeding the familes first hand knowledge.

So really...what are you worried about?

I'm not speaking for those families and friends involved, but i can tell you in my opinion, if i was in their shoes, i'd be searching for those answers too. and I would be wearing out google looking for those answers, I would be hounding TSB, TC and Cougar every step of the way. It would be a tireless effort on my part to satisfy my curiosity about the final moments.

This is not some shrine, this is an open forum, a forum that not only shows compassion when needed, but also shows a wealth of imformation at the same time. Many of us have that information to pass on.

I am sure the family members know plenty of the days events from updates from the agencies involved, and unless someone here works for TSB or TC and has the kahunas to post up the inside information, I can bet those two agencies are already feeding the familes first hand knowledge.

So really...what are you worried about?

Jeez Sidewall, must you poison every thread you get involved with???

If you want to get involved in speculation and rumor on this subject, I suggest you start another thread and then all the so-called professionals such as yourself can have at it.

The mindless bulls-it going on on other sites just sickens me. One JERK even went so far at to describe what he thought the scenario was as to how the final moments were. Absolute idiocy.

Kindest regards

Happyfeet

I meant no disrespect to the families who have lost loved ones in this accident. I posted the link because it contains data which may offer some enlightenment to the folks who are still flying the S92. Like a picture, it speaks a thousand words.

You are certain, are you? Hmmm. Hate to burst your certainty bubble, but it don't always work that way; this I know firsthand.

I hope that the families and friends of those lost know by now to take anything they read on Google, here or any other forum, with a grain of salt. It takes time and patience, sometimes A LOT OF TIME and A LOT OF PATIENCE, to get the answers they seek to their multitude of questions. Speculation serves no purpose to anyone.

I wish everyone involved strength, patience, perseverance and answers...all in your own time. And peace—most of all, peace.