Offshore Helicopter Involved In Incident: Coast Guard

You are certain, are you? Hmmm. Hate to burst your certainty bubble, but it don't always work that way; this I know firsthand.

I hope that the families and friends of those lost know by now to take anything they read on Google, here or any other forum, with a grain of salt. It takes time and patience, sometimes A LOT OF TIME and A LOT OF PATIENCE, to get the answers they seek to their multitude of questions. Speculation serves no purpose to anyone.

I wish everyone involved strength, patience, perseverance and answers...all in your own time. And peace—most of all, peace.

x 10.

xo.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a 92 pilot I want to know what happened.

I have even formed my own crackpot theory.

It is however just a theory so I am not about to post it on a forum.

After all it will probably prove to be wrong.

This thread has for the most part been exactly what it should be - a venue for folks to express their feelings about a terrible loss.

Should someone what to start an "S-92 - Uninformed Rumors, Innuendo and Hearsay" Thread - fill yer boots. Freedom of speech is a good thing - Having said that - Making statements that may prove to wrongly place blame or cause pain to friends and family of the departed is uncalled for.

I know that it can take a long time for the truth to come out but leave us be patient.

Should someone what to start an "S-92 - Uninformed Rumors, Innuendo and Hearsay" Thread - fill yer boots.

On the H-3 they catagorize several parts as Critical Safety Items , would the filter mounting studs be considered critical ?.

That would be a post for the above mentioned thread I believe.

This is just my opinion. Please take what you like and leave the rest.

If a person can't wait for the facts to process this information, and just needs to discuss possible variables inside this tragic happening, perhaps it's a symptom of emotional inflexibility, or stress. Post traumatic stress, actually. PTSD comes out in really weird ways. And often it doesn't register on anyone's radar. It can make people seem pretty insensitive when actually they just can't cope.

I'm thinking maybe there's a need here for some people to discuss possible technical variables. Some people need to deal with it intellectually (too). And actually mean no disrespect. Not saying it's right or wrong. But just that there may be a need for another thread here, as previously mentioned.

As a 92 pilot I want to know what happened.

I have even formed my own crackpot theory.

It is however just a theory so I am not about to post it on a forum.

After all it will probably prove to be wrong.

This thread has for the most part been exactly what it should be - a venue for folks to express their feelings about a terrible loss.

Should someone what to start an "S-92 - Uninformed Rumors, Innuendo and Hearsay" Thread - fill yer boots. Freedom of speech is a good thing - Having said that - Making statements that may prove to wrongly place blame or cause pain to friends and family of the departed is uncalled for.

I know that it can take a long time for the truth to come out but leave us be patient.

Here's a link to the "S-92 - Uninformed Rumors, Innuendo and Hearsay" forum.

http://www.pprune.org/rotorheads/163206-si...rations-71.html

Guest who's yer daddy

The flight data that was posted by "Wiggins" are fact. He did not place any personal opinion, thoughts or idea's with the data. Take it for what it is. There are many that will use it as a learning tool to build on and make aviation better for the rest of us from here on out. Those that want to take it personal have the right to do that as well but don't knock Wiggie.

I have been around a long time and the old phrase from the Vortex still holds true. "...Learn from the mistakes of others, you will not live long enough to make them all yourself..."

That being said, my thoughts go out to all those families involved. Nor am I implying any mistakes were made by anyone involved. So don't make the mistake of jumping on Wig.