Bell is officially launching the 210 Model at HAI. With the hundreds (if not thousands) of Hueys basking in the desert Bell has decided to start rebuilding (probably in Texas) and certifying them commercially. They expect commercial certification next year. They say they will have uprated engines, but not sure if this means new engines or not???

Bell will also be announcing the go-ahead of an IFR version of the 427, and project MAPL – a five seat, single engine Bell 351 or eight seat, twin engine Bell 382 – both have fan-in-fin anti-torque system.

I guess Bell is finally coming out of hibernation! :cold:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great, your joking right? Where'd they come up with those numbers, "351".

Have heard about the 210, these type of projects would be exciting, can't wait to hear more.

But, your joking though, right?

Maybe I'm joking, no maybe too much rummmmm, again.

I guess they can't build anything but aircraft based on 40 year old airframes. No need for a design department. Maybe they should just copy french/german helicopters directly(nice blueprint), they could rebadge the technology just like Chrysler does with M-B and sell them in the states as Bells.

What the endurance of the 427? I heard it was 1 hour 20 min with full fuel.

We won't be seeing any of these types in Canada for quite a few years as the prices are out of reach of most operators here.

Ned, check out this article on the 210. A brief quote from the article.

The 210 is built with the airframe of a retired UH-1 Huey, but other than that, it is an entirely new aircraft, Fitzgerald said. “We don’t use overhauled or refurbished parts. They’re all new.

With an Army-provided airframe and approximately $3 million, the service will get a virtually new aircraft in the 210, certified by the Federal Aviation Administration for the next 20 years, Fitzgerald said. The 210 comes with a full new-aircraft warranty.

Operating and service costs will be 42 percent or less of those for today’s Huey, and flight hour costs will be $535, compared to $835 per flight hour for today’s Huey or $2,199 per flight hour for a Black Hawk. The 210’s common flight characteristics with the Huey make it “a natural fit” for those organizations who continue to fly the Huey, Fitzgerald said.”

Last I had heard about the project was the engine choice was for the T-53-L-703, but Bell was also considering offering the PWC PT-6-67D.

Cheers

Randy - Had dinner with Mike Redenbaugh and Rock Rosenjack from Bell at Asian Aerospace in Singapore last week and they have some great things planned.

Was sworn to secrecy but lets just say you are going to see Bell start chipping away at Eurocopters share in the North American marketplace.

Ask them at Heli Expo what the little E to B badge is all about.

Heli Ops :groove: