Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

:shock: :lol: Maybe they should. Now this is a rumour, but I heard from a friend, of a friend's, sister's, brother's, cousin's, friend's, hairdresser that the OMNR was thinking of getting 1,000 R-22's with belly tanks, and are going to replace all contract helicopters, and CL-415s. ;) In fact here's an artists rendering of what they might look like. 961371387.jpg

Now the same person also said that they might be looking at 5 Mil Mi26's, with all Russian crews, & Russian maintenance. ;):P Of course I might have heard wrong too. :D:rolleyes:

Cheers

Ned, that 210 has had my interest since I heard about it, hope they finally do something with it. It would be great if Bell started to design something new. EC has great products, but a little competition is good, and makes each one bring out better stuff.

:up:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mag I wish I had started that rumour. There was talk of them investigating the a/c, along with other types. That was as far as they had gotten when I had last talked to someone who knew anything about this.

Cheers

Sorry, but I think I was part of the rumour mill that started the Firehawk Scandel. Paul Martin assured me I would be chief pilot when the Firehawks arrived. But now with my robbie time I can be the official cheif pilot of all those R22's. I would like to see them armed with water missles and then in the off season we can help the forces and put real missles on them. I am sure they could not be picked up by Iraqi radar!!!

Cheers

Somewhere on the learning curve, although it seems to be a downward trend lately.

Hey Elvis or they can do what Eurocopter did, bastardise an EC120, B3, and Ec135 and come up with an EC130. :blink:

Bell makes a great product and from all accounts they have some nice looking products in the works. Their goal is to take back marketshare from EC and I wish them all the luck.

Heli Ops

Mike: Your source that said it was just a rumour on the Firehawk is pulling just your leg I hope! It must be very easy to spend unaccounted time in that dept of the Gov. If you ask for a phone log I think you would find some calls to a certain

Helicopter company in Pensacola Fld. I think you might have their billing address to. There might be a few calls to the Manf of the helicopter and fire tanks along with them. As far as the 210 goes I think it is a great program should make the current 205 fleet worth alot more ! my employer is doing the dance of joy as we

type. The airframes Bell is talking about wouldnt be the same surplus UH1H aircraft they called junk a few year back I hope! Funny how times change. A company in Montana was working on this program a few years ago and Bell wrote a few papers on how they were undocumented ,unsafe ,aircraft that should not be released to the public. Funny A

Mawddawg - Bell actually have been working with a users group on the 210 for the past two years to make it all happen. It was going to be announced at Heli Expo last year but they decided to fine tune the product a lot more hence holding it over till 2004 Heli Expo. There are a number of operators who have already made commitments for the new toys.

Lets see what Heli Expo unveils. :hide:

Heli Ops