Mawddog,

Yes you are right, they did call Brown Helicopter to see how much the asking price was. I failed to mention that. Once they found out that they were $8 million a piece that was where it ended, so I was told.

As far as the 210 goes, my understanding is that they are looking at using other companies' STCs that have been made to the 205 over the years, which is why certification should be fairly quick.

Also, one other rumor I heard yesterday from a good source - a Canadian operator (no idea who yet) is supposed to be inking a deal for 'several' A109E Powers at HAI. Anyone else heard this?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would it be possible to ski with a 109? No I don't think so, but a Koala 119 might work. The Koala looks like a nice unit. Is anyone else looking at a Koala?

Being a biased pro-Eurocopter guy that I am, I must say that the 5 seat market for

helicopters in Canada is sown up with the mighty old jetbox. Not even the EC 120 has made a dent against it and I think that Bell producing a 5ish seat fenestron-like aircraft will also have a hard time competing against it. I hope this new Bell light will look better than that silly JRX picture that has been circulating around.

Why doesn't Bell make a L4 with the C47 and a decent set of large heavy blades?

If they are upgrading the 205 to a 210 then up grade the 206 L4 to a 206 L47 HP.