Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

I've Been Thinking

I was looking out the window at the view from my living room window and see that all five of my windmill palms have surrvived our "winter"

Was thinking about the "If I had a squillion dollars" thread.

What 412 Driver should do that would not require a squillion dollars is get a fork lift and cover it in leather..and call it Margaret.

I'll send him the pop corn and the buggy whip so he can ride it. :up: :up:

Rev. Chas W.

Sounds like you want to watch there C.W. :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

Windmill palm (Trachycarpus fortunei)

This has the 3rd and some feel 2nd northernmost growing range and winter endurance of all the hardy palms. It is one of the more typical looking palms. It has a well defined trunk and can grow to 40ft. In addition to the US southeast, it is often seen in British Columbia, Washington State, Southern Ireland, Great Britain, and Austria.

snow2.jpg

Windmill%20Palm.jpg

Oh sheesh, there I go cuttin' 'n pastin' again... Sorry Chuck... :P

Mornin CD :

Yup, you beat me to it, I had to look up the proper name and low and behold when I got back here there you were. :D:rolleyes:

And about the cutti'n and pastti'n thing CD................

I am sure you know what my intention is... to point out that TC does know what is posted on these forums.

It is not personal about you, I am only pointing out the reality that we are all faced with when going up against the powerful in Government positions.

It is my beliefe that if you were to get yourself caught between me and the gang that I am after you would then be deserving of my wondering about how mentally swift you are.

So just remember I have never met you nor do I have any personal enmity for you,,,,I just want to shine a very bright light on your bosses.....

Have a good day, I'm off to the airport to finish the annual inspections on both of the Cessna 150,s I'm trying to sell.

( Hey, M&M, there is another chance to see if you can "GET" me. )

WOW, I just posted I am doing work on certified airplanes without an AME certificate......why don't one of you pr..ks from D. M.'s office come on over and try and find something to "GET" me for....

But don't forget to get a search warrant first, because I will refuse you entry to any property of mine without one.....

Chuck Ellsworth

TC does know what is posted on these forums.

It is not personal about you, I am only pointing out the reality that we are all faced with when going up against the powerful in Government positions.

It is my belief that if you were to get yourself caught between me and the gang that I am after you would then be deserving of my wondering about how mentally swift you are.

So just remember I have never met you nor do I have any personal enmity for you,,,,I just want to shine a very bright light on your bosses.....

Aw, shucks Padre... I ain't all that powerful. :blink:

But yes, I do stop by a number of forums (pablum! :D ) and have done since long before I went to the dark side.

Don't worry about me getting in your way. I may work for TC but I'm neither in your region nor involved with M&M so (hopefully) you've got no beef with me. I certainly have none with you... other than an overwhelming admiration for your experiences operating Catalina's and wishing you had more photos on your site! Those are amazing aircraft.

I recall hearing the distinctive sound of those engines on the water bombers when I was a kid and the Flying Fireman crash in Thunder Bay in '84 (got some photos of that kicking around here somewhere).

As for how mentally swift I am... that's a whole other story. ;)

Yeh CD........

I do have a pretty good idea of how the industry works and also I still have faith that like everything else the pendlum will swing.

The vast majority of the grunts in TC are normal decent people just trying to do their best, however sadly there has been a gradual decline in the quality at the top.....

I flew for the Flying Fireman for twelve years and was their training guy for a large part of that time.

That crash in Thunder Bay was a real sad event, I was flying the other airplane in the group that day and was not at all suprised at what happened.....

If you ever get to YVR for one of the Beaver get togethers bring your tape recorder and I will give you a story for the safety thing you write that will be even better than the one CTD had in his last edition.......and it will be about that crash, there is a long history leading up to that one...by the way I also have pictures that I took......

Anything that I tell you will be 100% factual and can be researched to back up my story......the principals in that fiasco are safely out of their positions now, but I can point you in the right direction for backup on what "really " happened. For sure it was not pilot error...far from it.

Don't forget there is still that story of how I fu..ed up in France........you owe it to yourself to beat CDT with a good yarn anyhow.

And I promice I wont breath a word that you were in my presence.. :D:D

That way you can go back to Ottawa without worring about someone looking sideways at you. :D:D

Rev. Chas W