Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Synthetic Long Lines

Have you ever seen a jetranger aft panel and front composite melted by being too close to a fire, I have, the pilot was drip torching and put the opposite side of aicraft too close to fire. I think that was a little hotter than 65'C ya think?

It doesn't take a raging inferno to melt a line, where was it printed that you had to lower your line through a tops crowning of dense foliage? (raging inferno would be burning at 900'C or more by the way)

65'C is not that hot do you comprehend that if a match burns at ~200'C(water boils at 100'C, remember the rope melts at 125'C) then can you thus imagine a having your line twenty feet from a tree that flames up due to your downwash and yes is hotter than 65'C, THERE IS A POSSIBILITY that your line may be damaged or ruined.

The strength of the line only comes back if the rope didn't get hardened and is not able to be flexed back to form a flexible rope structure. (ie, instead of a hard piece of inflexible plastic type crap).

If you'd like me to continue belabouring the point pm me as am sure others are tired of it.

sc

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic