Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chc School In Penticton

has anyone on here attended any of the courses out there. Looking to do some 206 time. could do it here in TO for a few hundred less but am starting to feel though several conversations with others on here that it is well worth the extra bucks....clearly it has an outstanding rep...any opinions? Experiences?

B)

While many may have an opinion about CHC in general there's no doubt that the money and time you might invest in a Penticton course is worth every penny. The fact that the school has been turning out quality, recognized world wide as the best, for so many years says volumes. Have been there many times and have come away with something valuable every time. Do it. You won't regret it.

;)

Well said Touchdown.

The annual trip to Penticton is something I always think about when the snow starts to fly (my PPC was always in December). A lot of pilots I've met around the country think "well I'm not going to work in the mountains, why do I need that experience". Whether you are working around buildings and oilrigs or in the flattest of prairies, the type of habits that CHL will give you in Penticton will be worth every cent.

RH

Yes, I agree, two companies in YYF and both do nice 206 training, Base Heli(ex CHL instructor) and CHL. If using CHL Mel Shiller is still there and Peiter Koster as well, these are two of the best there but all are excellent.

Well worth your time, weather is good, terrain is excellent they upgraded the classrooms a few years ago and both Base and CHL are fine.

sc :up: