Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Canoe Slinging

fng

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta go with 'Huey Lover' (maybe because I'm one, too?), and you guys that want to do it internally, you've got nine feet sticking out each side, and wouldn't you still have to hover all the way to avoiding breaking their backs? No thanks - she's for the 120' synthetic longline, netted, sideways bottom first, Christmas tree rudder (maybe try one at each end?). Ah, ****, it's your turn anyway. B)

I would use 100 or more feet of line and if the canoes look strong enough maybe tie a couple end to end with a spruce tree tail dragging... I bet it would fly nice. Just be careful and make two or more trips if you have to. I would be very tempted to just tie all four together end to end but I would definitely be wary of the strength of the attach points. I know that if you attach an alluminum boat at the bow to a longline then center a tree tail to the back it flies great. I have also flown a similar boat with a seismic carousel by attaching one short lanyard to the bow then two longer ones off the back corners, most importantly i centered a weighted seismic bag to the back to act as a tail and the thing flew beautifully. ;)

Guest Deep Six

Hey Veltical Ref I was just "clowning around" or is that still a sore topic on this site.

Anyways the best thing to put on a long line is a drill, a log or a bucket. I'll let the next guy go for the canoe. The only thing i want to do with a canoe involves a cold beer and a fishing pole.

...well there was this one time at band camp where I saw you set one good hook...no your right stick with the spelling - you'll do better at that!!! :P

I like the cold beer, fishing rod thing though...best thing I have heard in a long time on these forums.

I think you're the clown, smart arse...have fun with dirty Cheryl! ;)

...whats' that bandage for, wore it right down to a nubbin eh... :lol:

So we tie one canoe on the bottom of a 61, :P put two in a(twin so we don't have to worry about the auto stuff)huey, sling one one the end of a 100' line with a Car44 another with a old 2x6 and film the whole smeal with a longdog. :wacko: Be cheaper to hire some folks to build em on site.

Why not get a float plane to deliver them tied to the side of the thing? An otter makes two trips and done. Maybe no descent place to land?

Pop quiz, the above silly slingloads are what type of external loads?

sc