Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Condolences To The Lives Lost In Cougar's Flight 491, March 12th, 2009.

Yep, Thank you Mark,

To tell you the truth, I quit this job at 1930 at the end of SAR on that tragic friday. My little honey at home convinced me after 20 odd years in this industry, that I knew of nothining else, I sat down and reflected on all the friends I have lost and came to the conckusion that ,it is not the way to go. So here I am doing a longline job, but Matt and Tim I think of you on every turn, God bless you, I will also see you soon, get the beers in boys.

A rather ironic post newfieboy, my Sweetie and I had the same discussion a few days ago. I realized that I have lost a friend on an average of one a year for the last 50 years. Losing Matty capped it off!! No more!! I've hung up the spurs and taken a nice little part time job in town. 9-5, weekends off.

You know, the part that really hurts is it's always the "GOOD GUYS" that get it. I never would have thought in my wildest dreams that Matt would buy it like that. He was so good with his hands, an absolute professional and gentleman.

I'm almost past being sad, now I'm just angry at the people that designed such a poor MRG.

I have not made any comments on this post as it hits me very hard- I too lost my dad in a helicopter accident at sea 30+ years ago- he was never found.

I didn't know any of the crew or passengers but condolences to all- time will heal but they will never be forgotten.

Keep sticking together on this, Newfoundlanders, this helps. I would love to come out and visit your province sometime- all I hear about it and its people is good.

B.M.

I have not made any comments on this post as it hits me very hard- I too lost my dad in a helicopter accident at sea 30+ years ago- he was never found.

I didn't know any of the crew or passengers but condolences to all- time will heal but they will never be forgotten.

Keep sticking together on this, Newfoundlanders, this helps. I would love to come out and visit your province sometime- all I hear about it and its people is good.

B.M.

Sorry about your Dad BM. Was the accident in Canada or overseas??

As for the Newfoundlanders...without a doubt, the finest people "ON THE PLANET"

I learned some time ago the hard way, do not even try to outdrink them. They will chew you up and spit out the bones!! :up: :up:

Sorry about your Dad BM. Was the accident in Canada or overseas??

As for the Newfoundlanders...without a doubt, the finest people "ON THE PLANET"

I learned some time ago the hard way, do not even try to outdrink them. They will chew you up and spit out the bones!! :up: :up:

Splitpin,

Bell 47 C-FVIH, Knight Inlet-Port Hardy area, aug 01 1978. However dad did teach me to drink good Scotch. Vancouver Island Helicopters Ltd. (the Colonel) loaned me a 206 to look for him- Brother Dave borrowed a Cessna 180. Found our gas cans that were tied on the rack near Burnett Bay.

Looking forward to having a few cool ones in Newfoundland sometime,

B.M.