Flight School Search

SDC

Stay away from chinook helicopters,place is a joke,and ive only seen 1 person gain employment from the school and it was on his own that he did.

So please feel free to P.M or post your "facts" to substantiate your reasons you feel one of the most experienced and long term flight training schools in Canada is a "joke".

I have been flying in this industry for 35 years and personally know dozens.....yes not just 1, of pilots working in the industry that trained at Chinook.

I have known the owners for about 30 years and are great people, a high range of high time experienced instructors, IFR, FAA conversions, mountain course, vertical reference training.

Seems like a very complete professional operation to me. Oh yeah....I run into students from all over the world training there also.

So megikon....how much time have you spent working in the helicopter industry? Where did you train? Working right now or looking?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read every post on here so im not sure if this has been said yet or not... There are only a very few select schools out there that hire their graduates. In my opinion they are often your best bet for getting the next few hours to make you a marketable pilot. Keep in mind that just because they advertise that they hire grads does not mean that they will hire ALL of them. Bust your *** at school and help out as much as you can in the hanger(without being anoying or kissing ***) and you will be one step ahead. good luck!

Did a mountain course @ Chinook a coupla years ago and thought that they were helpful and professional. I had no complaints and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for ab initio or advanced training.

Megikon: Did you have a bad experience there?

Cheers,

Dick

• 3 weeks later...

There is a new School in Calgary Called Red Eagle aviation. They are doing FAA licenses and conversions. This will open students up the the huge USA market as well as Canada. They also hire thier students! Thier course costs less that a 100 hr course and you get 150 hr plus an IFR rating! Look them up! :D

• 2 weeks later...
There is a new School in Calgary Called Red Eagle aviation. They are doing FAA licenses and conversions. This will open students up the the huge USA market as well as Canada. They also hire thier students! Thier course costs less that a 100 hr course and you get 150 hr plus an IFR rating! Look them up! :D

Caveat emptor

rob

Oh my god, it just doesn't end..........actually, no, don't waste your time looking them up. Unless you are interested in taking every "loophole" possible, or you want a Canadian Commercial License from of a crackerjack box.

My training experience was marvelous and continues to be so!

Red Eagle has 14 years training helis, charter, forestry, fire, animal counts , back country work, slinging, arial photo, movies etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. experience that is ongoing right now. Today.Look at their web site. Some pictures showing this are there!

Those who quickly slander have never obviously even bothered to look into it, called, spoken too, seen, visited, investigated etc. and simply have no qualified information about this fine company. They cannot quote a past experience with Red Eagle, good or bad, name a commercial work done nor any staff member - take that for what it is worth.

But don't even take my word for it.

Go See them! People posting on this thread say to go and do your homework. Well, take that advice and go talk to them. Take an hr with one of the instructors go for a flight, investigate. There are no loopholes, no hoops. just great training with a great experienced company. Straight forward good stuff. Do your self a favor and ignore the ignorance and give them a call. See for yourself, talk to the instructors, ask the questions. Call and talk to former students.

You will not be disapointed!