Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

HEPAC Membership

Who Should Be Allowed To Join HEPAC  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How about having a corporate membership for sponsor companies such as Heli Ops, Vertical, ACRO, Wescam etc.

I for one would start the ball going and pledge to support the association. Most other countries have some sort of association, heck even in NZ we have the Heli Assn of New Zealand and Australia have the HAA so why not Canada.

So come on someone, take the bull by the horns, get it registered and watch it grow. All the talk about whether or not to start one is not productive, once you get something going that someone can actually join, then it will gain momentum and until that happens all the talk and discussion means nothing.

Just my two cents worth.

Heli Ops

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So come on someone, take the bull by the horns, get it registered and watch it grow.

Agreed. I once pledged that I would join HEPAC once I had my license in hand and the $$ for the membership fee. But before I could get both....poof, no more HEPAC.

It's awesome that the idea has come alive again with more supporters voicing their thoughts. :up: :up:

So as Heli Ops said, someone get this thing up and running again. You got a member waiting in the wings right here. ;)

I don't want to be the one to rain on everyone's parade, but somebody bumped up a pile of polls the other day. Some of them had been inactive for over a year.

If you take the time to read through some of these polls and related threads concerning HEPAC and association or unionizing of pilots and engineers, you'll find that a whole lot of people were very supportive of Don's efforts at first, but when the time came to ante up, people vanished. I think Don has stated that HEPAC is dead. :(

If someone else is interested in picking up the ball, I suggest you read through all of the related polls and threads first, just so you know what you're getting yourself into. :mellow:

I also recall there was supposed to be some sort of informal get-together in Banff next fall. That one seems to have gone bye-bye as well... :huh: