Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pilot's Families

Reading the In Rembrance Of topic makes one think about the wives, girlfriends, moms, and children of pilots, and the possibility that their loved ones too, may have their names added to the "In Memory" list. We know you guys love flying and we support you in that, but we here at home "holding the fort" have our difficult times too. Sometimes you guys and gals are thousands of miles away from us and we hold you in our thoughts constantly, trying not to fear the worst and always hoping for the best. We love you guys and understand why you do what you do - we love the sense of humor that we see in the threads discussed here. I think this has been discussed before, but we would love to hear from others in the same situation. Fly safe people!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading the In Rembrance Of topic makes one think about the wives, girlfriends, moms, and children of pilots, and the possibility that their loved ones too...

Being a wife of a pilot, is not always as glamorous as people think... My husband is away alot, and its not just a week here and there, its months. And though I have excepted his passion for flying, it doesn't make the time pass any faster. Having children enter the picture puts a whole new spin on things too. You worry alittle more, and any phone calls outside the 'normal' hours is often alarming!! I generally don't think the worst, you can worry yourself sick, or you can think the positive. Some are put in the position of making the choice of giving up, but you can take the man away from 'flying', but you can never take the 'flying' out of the man. A happy pilot, is one in the air, if you love them enough you learn to deal with it!! :up:

Being a wife of a pilot, is not always as glamorous as people think... My husband is away alot, and its not just a week here and there, its months. And though I have excepted his passion for flying, it doesn't make the time pass any faster. Having children enter the picture puts a whole new spin on things too. You worry alittle more, and any phone calls outside the 'normal' hours is often alarming!! I generally don't think the worst, you can worry yourself sick, or you can think the positive. Some are put in the position of making the choice of giving up, but you can take the man away from 'flying', but you can never take the 'flying' out of the man. A happy pilot, is one in the air, if you love them enough you learn to deal with it!! :up:

Should be required reading for all married couples (wives) :P

Here's a great idea, to have a section for engineers to share in resource and support.

They could chat about the 'issues' they face while dealing with demanding and uncaring pilots.

Maybe they could appear on "Oprah", and talk to Dr Phil about it.

Relax Splitpin, I know you are charging towards the REPLY button........it was a joke !!!

We really do love you guys, sometimes we just forget to express it.

(My Gawd......that does sound familiar doesn't it ???)