Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Pilot's Families

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bullet Remington
Sounds to me BR that you both need a trip to the hangar for an indepth 3000hr. inspection and some structural repair. :D:D

Split:

I AM also "S" endorsed!! :o Not thatit does much good! Have you ever tried to buy Medical Grade titanium on the open market???! <_<

My Missus bought me a T ee shirt and a hoodie that states " That's Mister A$$hole to You!! :P:P

As for the Old Fart picture, Keeerist, I can't remember when I last looked that good!! Handsome bugger and looks like a Lady Killer to me!! :lol::lol:

When I was in the service, the young snots used to call me COB.... Short for Crusty Old Bast@ed!!

Now most folks just call me Geezer!! Personally, I don't care what they call me, as long as they call me and I can hear them, life's ok! B)

I have also lived and traveled all over the world, I realize how lucky I am living here in Canada. But I don’t think “how lucky we have it” was the topic of the thread.

I also realize how lucky I must be having an “old fart” older generation husband that is receptive to the needs, wants and concerns of his younger generation spouse. Just like I am to his. Not sure if I would still be married if either of us told each other to suck it up and stop whining.

Unless I misinterpreted the posts at the beginning of this thread, I would not consider “concerns” about spouses/family in the industry – “whining”. Don’t recall any whining about them being away for however long or short, just concerns spouses/families have when their loved one is not home safe with them.

Um yeah I dont recall anyone whining - was just interested to see how others cope - Having lost a son ( not in aircraft accident), I know how it feels to have your heart ripped from your chest and wonder why me, why my son? . I try not to "whine" about that. And I think anyone who knows me will testify to that. You just have to get on with life and learn to live with the pain. So I am mystified as to why the "suck it up and stop whining" thing came into this topic?? Everyone is different and people all cope with things differently - if we are to be afraid to say what we feel on this forum, for fear of being shot down in flames..... - ah I know you were just joking you old farts!!!