Pilot's Families

Funny....when your a moderator of a forum it "does" require one, to spend a lot of time trying to keep the ever mature group here, from getting out of hand.......I have always found the forum here moderated quite fairly, though the extremely vocal ones would think otherwise.

Keep up the good work Twinnie....the #### are always loudest... :rolleyes:

Ya hit the nail on the head with this one H56, being a Moderator can be like trying to herd cats when the brown stuff is flying off the fan wether it be members or spammers! :o

And yes it does require ALOT of time on-line Damocles

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want a 'safe job' do ya? If times are going to get 'hard' the transportation sector will be the first to know and the rest will follow-along shortly afterwards. So if you wanted a 'safe job' you should have given any part of the transportation world a wide birth. Related by someone experiencing and watching my THIRD onw. I survived........so will you. If I wanted 'safe' I would have trained to be an embalmer.

I guess in a way, all of us are only one mistake away from being an embalmer. I dislike the worry of moving, I dont believe anyone in the industry will starve but I do think a few of us will be buying our groceries in a different city and our spouses will be left selling the house and tying up loose ends.

I guess in a way, all of us are only one mistake away from being an embalmer. I dislike the worry of moving, I dont believe anyone in the industry will starve but I do think a few of us will be buying our groceries in a different city and our spouses will be left selling the house and tying up loose ends.

I personaly would never ever move house and home for a helicopter (aviation) company.

I do however realize that some folks have no choice as they are just starting out. To many times I have seen people move, kids uprooted, wife quits a well paying job, etc. sometimes at great expense, only to have the company go belly up or decide on a base closure. NMH comes to mind as a recent happening.

I personaly would never ever move house and home for a helicopter (aviation) company.

I do however realize that some folks have no choice as they are just starting out. To many times I have seen people move, kids uprooted, wife quits a well paying job, etc. sometimes at great expense, only to have the company go belly up or decide on a base closure. NMH comes to mind as a recent happening.

I agree with this 1000%.

I moved to Victoria in 1979 and have lived here every since. Many times I was pressured to move and always declined. One time I was let go over it. I asked the CP who was giving me this news that if he lived in Victoria would he move to Edmonton for a job. He looked at me a minute and then said "no way".

Also on the advice list.

1 Never buy a house in a town that starts with St. Fort or Port. or has the word river or bay in it.

2. Always rent in northern towns unless you intend to spend the next thirty years there.

3. Never ever uproot the kids out of school to move for a bloody helicopter job. Another one will come along.

The wisdom of my free advice is worth every penny you spent on it. :D

In theory I would agree also ... except that I did just that many, many years ago. Uprooted my young bride and moved to a "Port", where we thrived and survived for almost 14 years. It was a once in a lifetime experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. My darling bride "cried when she arrived there and cried harder when she left". Of course we did all this when we were young and crazy, no kids and have since moved to warmer climates ...