Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Avantext Vs Bell Pubs

Partschick

The Avantext DVD's cost money.

The Bell DVD's are free if you already have a paper subscription.

There are also some links available through the Bell DVD's that are not on the Avantext.

The content otherwise is the same.........

Go for the free online manual. If you have internet access they are free and have all of the TB's, SI's etc which the Avantex doesnt have.

swede

The Online Bell tech pubs are great and are constantly updated and accessible anywhere you have net access and the cd's are just as good if they're loaded on the workstation. If you are using a server system it really chunks up and you'll spend too much time on the computer and less time working. Some of us older guys still like the paper copies and it saves on printer ink everytime you want a task at hand. :huh:

The Avantext DVD's cost money.

The Bell DVD's are free if you already have a paper subscription.

There are also some links available through the Bell DVD's that are not on the Avantext.

The content otherwise is the same.........

The first one's always free...

Bell will provide DVDs free for one year from the release date of any particular model, after that it's a healthy subscription fee.

Having said that, I do like some of the features of the bell disks, such as the revision status section where you can find the latest revision for any of their publications. Of course, that's free from their website anyway...

FWIW, I find the bell disks much slower to navigate, and even when installed on your hard drive they require internet access. However, for some reason, I find myself using them all the time, rather than the Avantext.

My 2 cents

There is currently no fee for Bell Publications if you are an owner/operator.

GEN IL 06-106 Rev B

"Pricing structure is being considered and if implemented, our commitment

is to provide Bell customers the best value in Web and DVD products in

the industry for the lowest possible price.

• Bell Helicopter currently plans to continue to provide free paper copy

publications to bona-fide users. Bell will also continue to provide free and

unrestricted access to our bulletins and safety of flight documentation via

the existing Service Directive website at http://www.bellcustomer.com/."

From the Bell publications website:

"Customers who receive Bell's free hard copy documentation will also be provided with free DVDs and updates. The free subscription period for each model will begin upon initial release of the specific model documentation set and will last for a minimum of 1 year."..."Prior to the end of the free subscription period, Bell Helicopter will contact its registered customers to determine if a subscription renewal is desired"