Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Drip Torch Manuals

new guy

Hi Everyone

I am looking for manuals for drip torches, I googled it and found no manauls. Is this some thing that is past down from engineer to engineer? I have never working on one before and I am not to sure where to start, any help would be greaty appreciated.

Thankyou

Hi Everyone

I am looking for manuals for drip torches, I googled it and found no manauls. Is this some thing that is past down from engineer to engineer? I have never working on one before and I am not to sure where to start, any help would be greaty appreciated.

Thankyou

Wow. Cool idea. I've never seen such a thing for any of the torches I've worked on. I just had to take it apart and figure it out....not much fun when you are on a contract and there is a job to do. So many different kinds and the ones I've seen had no brand identification....I figured some guy just built them.

Somebody must have something. I know a guy to ask.....might get lucky.

I too would appreciate at least a rudimentary manual. I got a 4 am phone call once when I was *** deep in a 1,2,3 inspection asking for drip torches on three machines in two hours. I was an apprentice and the engineer was new to the company. We ended up hooking up these machines that drop plastic igniter balls. Wrong friggin ones. If I could save someone else the grief with a manual that would be awesome. I'm too busy to write one.

First you have to find a guy who has made one (if he will ever admit to it). Then hope that he actually had a plan or made drawings. And then check for all of the tweaks and refinements made by all of the subsequent users (until the original maker doesn't even recognise it). And then find someone who has actually used it recently (in its current configuration) and then ask them to write down what they did - maybe................

well you get the idea.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a bit of experience with some drip torches from raptured high and we have made several mods to the ignition system to increase the spark and added a wind deflector to the nozzle and modified the check valve at the end nozzle. I think I saw a manual with it in the box the other day. I will check again and maybe I can scan it into my computer.