Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Those We Knew And Those We Know

The thread about Bob Glenn has given me pause to sit and think.

To consider everyone I've come across in helicopters, those still with us and those, for whatever reason, who are no longer with us.

Every year that I continue to stay involved in this business, I think more and more I'm staying because of the people, as opposed to my desire to fly. The flying is still of course fun, but the folks I meet and work with are simply more important I guess.

I have been fortunate enough to come across some genuine characters I still call friends, both in Canada and abroad.

I suspect no matter where we all come from, we all can lay claim to the same thing and that is why we enjoy so much what we do.

Ok, I'm happy now.

And no lame-arse remarks about the antlers, it was after all, the holidays.

The antlers look fine, it's the shirt and tie that have me concerned!! :D

I agree, it's all the different characters that make this job truly interesting. There are some fine people in this industry, and it's too bad that it usually takes a passing to remind us of that.

Trained at Custom in 1990 and had the pleasure of meeting Bob. Didn't have many dealings with him, but he made time for a green horns feeble attempt at getting that first job! Thanks Bob.

bb