Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Lets Hope This Is Just The Start To A Great Season!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like a nice start to another season, fly safe!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/...mile-house.html

Yep. that's the weird business we are in. I can't count how many times I've had people (muggles) mention to me that this or that terrible forest fire was such a tragedy....wasn't it?

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Not really.

I love the smell of burning trees in the morning.

Smells like paycheck.

Not to belittle any of the real tragedy's people have suffered. But that is the business we are in.

And now for the segue. Wasn't global warming supposed to make for longer and worse fire seasons?? Stupid Global Warming...............when's it going to start????

I guess its great, unless you were one of the ones whose house burnt down.

My thoughts too ,212 wrench!!!!! Do you think the everyday firemen/women, hope for a good fire simply for a fatter paycheck at the end of the month?.........I don't thinks so!!!!! <_<

Do you think the everyday firemen/women, hope for a good fire simply for a fatter paycheck at the end of the month?.........I don't thinks so!!!!

That's because they get paid every month regardless. We don't unless it burns!!

Nobody is hoping to see property damage/injuries, we're just hoping for a healthy (not to mention natural and essential) fire season is all!

Iz all good brotha!!

That's because they get paid every month regardless. We don't unless it burns!!

Nobody is hoping to see property damage/injuries, we're just hoping for a healthy (not to mention natural and essential) fire season is all!

Iz all good brotha!!

It's OK to hope for fires so long as you don't actually do anything to start them.

I have a cabin in that neighbourhood. But hey, I am with you guys, burn baby burn, get the boys some work....

(yes, insurance is fully paid up ;) )

Exactly! Insurance is a great thing. Let's just hope nobody get's injured or worse, structures can be rebuilt.

Bring on an active fire season...for a lot of peoples sake