Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Lets Hope This Is Just The Start To A Great Season!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

where were you, fan?? i went out to canmore and bragg creek today... was gorgeous... got to see kananaskis heli's 2 jetbox's operating out of their new home as well... nice looking machines...

:DB)

kananaskis heli is that what it says on the big sticker on the side?!? didnt know they had a new home, good for them ....i was and am in north central alberta .....took the big chunks of ice off my basket and bucketbag today after it sat in the sun all day brrr......its coming though..........anyday!!good thing we still have to feed those nice peoples in the towers :) eat more guys and girls :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Here in Australia we had 173 people killed in fires this year. No one would ask for it to BURN BABY BURN over here. Sad that you guys are only looking at the money aspect of it and not the human cost of bush fires.

We have Canadian crews here every year, I really hope they don't feel the same way some of you do.

Fair point Jimmy however l don't think anyone here is suggesting they'd like to see anything like the kind of devastation that occured this past summer in Australia. Fires are a natural phenomenon (apart from the odd few!) and although it may be hoped for a good fire season no one wants to see the lose of property and/or life. Remember these guys are putting their lives on the line to prevent such occurences!

Here in Australia we had 173 people killed in fires this year. No one would ask for it to BURN BABY BURN over here. Sad that you guys are only looking at the money aspect of it and not the human cost of bush fires.

We have Canadian crews here every year, I really hope they don't feel the same way some of you do.

Yes, we are all blood thirsty death-mongers....

Use your head mate, nobody is calling for death or destruction. Big fires in Canada can burn for months without killing anyone or damaging too much property, but I suspect you knew that already. People here want to get flying, and want to pay the mortgage, fire is one of the best ways to do that.

AR