Hepac In Jeopardy

Most importantly, it takes people. Warm bodies (ambitious visionaries always helpful) who can spare 5-10 hours a month, I would imagine. :rolleyes: All the members, platforms, agendas, missions, stances (the directional possibilities are as limitless as one's imagination) and money in the world will help no organization without 4-5 good folks at the helm, I reckon. :) Jez sayin'...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me this HEPAC thread drifted off again. Like a lot of low time guys harping on about foreign work permits, Guys give it break. I;m sure if you had couple thousand hrs and IFR if Gulf, ADA SaudI Aramco looking , which by the way they are, you would be winging a resume overseas. She;s an International industry boys , try apply for Bristows, you won't know what country your next tour is sometimes. unless you a TRE on North Sea ops, I fully support HEPAC, but if all they can do is stop foriegn hire visa;s, forget it. I been in this job 25 years now and had a lot of fun and experiences flying all over the world, you want it bad enough ,you gotta go out get some licence conversions, and get on with it. Sorry to piss you off Happyfeet cos I know this is your subjet, but to be honest you done overseas etc, so you know the score Just me two cents worth anyways

I guess once your flying the Skycrane you forget that you once had a 100 hrs.

Well, not really. That why those of us (some anyway) that don't need it, are supporting it. Wonder how many newbies have stepped up to be a director...

If you can't get a job, step up and change the industry!

If you are doomed in this industry because of some foreign pilots, then you were doomed before you started. There are a lot bigger issues that that one out there.

Sad, but for some of newbies that put their money down, even if there weren't any foreign pilots, they still wouldn't get a job.

If Wayne Gretzky hadn't been a hockey player, I might have had a chance. **** him anyway... He wrecked my chance at pro sports.

Wow, that sounds as bad as: "If there weren't any foreign pilots..."

Speaking of hockey.....Washington Capitals left wing Alexander Ovechkin, Pittsburgh Penguins center Evgeni Malkin and center Pavel Datsyuk of the Detroit Red Wings are named finalists for the Hart Trophy as the NHL's Most Valuable Player.

All 3 are Russians.........Hart was a Canadian.

The same 3 Russians are nominated for the Lester B Pearson Award.

Yes, that's right, Pearson.......the former Canadian Prime Minister !!

This award is given to the "most outstanding player" in the NHL as voted by members of the NHL Players' Association.

It's a global world these days guys, get on board.....or get left behind!!

In a few years the members of HEPAC will vote for Most Valuable Pilot,

......and it might be an Aussie that wins.

Guest Angry Egg Driver
WOW are things that slow that we're gonna kick this S#%T to death?

Next thread please, this one is dead!

Lets talk about how hot the Panamanian women are where we are moving drills right now :rolleyes:

35 deg and we are the foreigners......

It's a global world these days guys, get on board.....or get left behind!!

Actually, the trend today is towards protectionism. One need not look far to see which emerging economies are upping efforts on import taxes, tariffs and employment rights for citizens.

India, China, France, UK, USA, Caribbean, Mexico and many other leading and non leading economies are all falling into a protectionist frame of mind these days. There are very few countries where one can go work and live as easily as they do in Canada.

Good or bad, I don't really know or care but it is fact.

Actually, the trend today is towards protectionism. One need not look far to see which emerging economies are upping efforts on import taxes, tariffs and employment rights for citizens.

India, China, France, UK, USA, Caribbean, Mexico and many other leading and non leading economies are all falling into a protectionist frame of mind these days. There are very few countries where one can go work and live as easily as they do in Canada.

Good or bad, I don't really know or care but it is fact.

Oh, great WORLDY One, It is so gratifying that you could take the time to give your thoughts on world affairs to us peon's. Does the altitude not effect your EGO from such an exalted hight, I guess not, because you keep spewing out your platitudes.

You have the privelage of still being alive in Canada. Why don't you put it to some positive thinking and use.

PS: "I don't really know or care but it is fact." Using your own words.

Actually WHO CARES?????????