Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hepac In Jeopardy

:huh:I'm not going to play your head games and your little war of words, L3—which speak VOLUMES about you. I don't believe I ever personally attacked you. So what if I don't agree with your stance on things? Who cares? Why do you care? Your personal attacks are immature and boring childsplay. You seem to feel justified in them, however; knock yourself out. B*lls enough? Hardly. ;)

The topic is HEPAC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As one that rarely posts but follows this forum with a keen interest of industry developments, I have to express a significant disappointment with this thread. HEPAC obviously did not come out of the gate with flying colours (per all the previous threads) but the concept and potential mandate was, in my opinion, something that had merit and substance.

Clearly the foreign worker issue is something that irks many on this forum and HEPAC could address this on behalf of the membership through regulatory lobbying of HRSDC but if the core element is to give the operators what they need in their hiring, a well based mentoring program designed with operator input would be a long term solution.

Regardless the association would a) have to exist and B) have to develop a concensus on the membership's direction forward.

Unfortunately threads such as this one completely undermine any form of professional development.....just imagine an operations manager reading this to get an update of HEPAC's progress towards a mentorship program.....and will certainly take the wind out of the sails of anyone contemplating joining the board to work on behalf of the members.

This isn't meant to sound like a lecture, just sit back and re-read this topic from a third party perspective and decide for yourself if professional representation is justified or even possible.

Great post, heliguy1.

:up: :up: :up:

As one that rarely posts but follows this forum with a keen interest of industry developments, I have to express a significant disappointment with this thread. HEPAC obviously did not come out of the gate with flying colours (per all the previous threads) but the concept and potential mandate was, in my opinion, something that had merit and substance.

Clearly the foreign worker issue is something that irks many on this forum and HEPAC could address this on behalf of the membership through regulatory lobbying of HRSDC but if the core element is to give the operators what they need in their hiring, a well based mentoring program designed with operator input would be a long term solution.

Regardless the association would a) have to exist and B) have to develop a concensus on the membership's direction forward.

Unfortunately threads such as this one completely undermine any form of professional development.....just imagine an operations manager reading this to get an update of HEPAC's progress towards a mentorship program.....and will certainly take the wind out of the sails of anyone contemplating joining the board to work on behalf of the members.

This isn't meant to sound like a lecture, just sit back and re-read this topic from a third party perspective and decide for yourself if professional representation is justified or even possible.

Strongly agree. I often feel embarrassed to be associated with this business as it is portrayed by some of the utterings here. The maturity bar is pretty low here much of the time - it probably discourages a lot of good input. It kept me out for years.

I'm often amazed at the completely groundless personal remarks that are right off topic.

I just looked at the HEPAC www quickly and some of the documents there. They seemed to ramble and lack focus a bit. Having noted this, as a volunteer in several community organizations, I know how difficult it is to get people of any caliber to join in and put their shoulder to the wheel.

Cheers . . . .

Does anyone have a solid number in regards to the number of foreign workers in the helicopter industry as opposed to Canadians. Are we talking 60%, 80%, 90% 2%, 1%, 7 of every 30. What are we talking about here.

Judging from the amount of complaining about foreign workers, I would suspect over 90% :D:D