Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

S92 Floats

Sure the floats would not help you dropping from 800ft , but if you did not have floats would you ditch an expensive helicopter knowing that without floats there would be certain complete loss of the airframe and possible loss of life. With the SS6 floats and still full control of the H/c wojld they have levelled off at 800ft or carried out a controlled ditching

Stop speculating here........take it to another website that features that sort of stuff.

The TSB knows a LOT about exactly what happened and it will eventually come out in the report.

A few of the details (that I have heard already) make your questions inappropriate.

Please show some respect for our fellow pilots that made the very best decisions they could under horrible circumstances.

Stop speculating here........take it to another website that features that sort of stuff.

The TSB knows a LOT about exactly what happened and it will eventually come out in the report.

A few of the details (that I have heard already) make your questions inappropriate.

Please show some respect for our fellow pilots that made the very best decisions they could under horrible circumstances.

To Over-Talk; Who the **** made you the judge and jury of what is appropriate discussion on this forum. The previous comment was an honestly made and intelligent addition to this forum. If you want to improve the level of intelligence of this forum there are many examples of non constructive vitriol that could be justifiably attacked. Just because you think that something is not appropriate does not make it so.

Chopper_Guy,

I should ask you, 'who made you judge and jury of what is an "honestly made and intelligent addition" to this forum' ????

That is your opinion, and that's great. This is a forum where opinions can be expressed (and accepted by others whether we agree with that opinion or not).

My comment about the float question being inappropriate is just my personal opinion.

I didn't claim it to be anything other than just that.

But opinions and feelings should (hopefully) be based on facts, not speculation.

When the final (and factual) TSB Report is released we will all then have a better idea of what comments are appropriate and respectful to our fallen brothers.

Chopper_Guy,

I should ask you, 'who made you judge and jury of what is an "honestly made and intelligent addition" to this forum' ????

That is your opinion, and that's great. This is a forum where opinions can be expressed (and accepted by others whether we agree with that opinion or not).

My comment about the float question being inappropriate is just my personal opinion.

I didn't claim it to be anything other than just that.

But opinions and feelings should (hopefully) be based on facts, not speculation.

When the final (and factual) TSB Report is released we will all then have a better idea of what comments are appropriate and respectful to our fallen brothers.

The TSB will not be able to answer all the questions nor can anybody else. Nobody will know what the pilot and co-pilot were thinking.

Would I ditch an expensive helicopter knowing that without floats there would be certain complete loss of airframe. Yes without giving it a second thought. Who cares about the airframe? That would be the last thing on my mind. Survivng is on the top of my list.

Sure, in two years and after it has been stroked by TC, Sikorsky and every other "interested party".