Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Sms - It Ain't Over Until It's Over

some companies have been compliant with sms for years before it was introduced, now its just another paperwork nightmare to add to the stack. i agree if you work at a company that does NOT train employees on safety or other ops matters sms is a great thing. but for smaller dare i say professional outfits the paperpile is just another way of bullcrap spending where minds, time and money could be used on maintenance and training. kind of self defeating for some of us. my 2c

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scotty,

I got a generic SMS manual from Bell at their training facility in Ft. Worth- seems o.k. No cost and FAA seems to like it- set it up like our old manuals that Transport Canada inspectors used to help us with.

We have tried the safety meetings- Sunday morning over coffee and crumpets and it isn't a big deal- just go over things that you normally talk about and write a few things down. (we only have 4 employees however) Sometimes nothing is wrong and just eat the crumpets and go.

If this is all that is needed for SMS, this is o.k. with me.

B.M.

i totally agree with you, but i am still looking for a reasonably priced copy of that manual, hint hint. thanks scott

Scotty,

I got a generic SMS manual from Bell at their training facility in Ft. Worth- seems o.k. No cost and FAA seems to like it- set it up like our old manuals that Transport Canada inspectors used to help us with.

We have tried the safety meetings- Sunday morning over coffee and crumpets and it isn't a big deal- just go over things that you normally talk about and write a few things down. (we only have 4 employees however) Sometimes nothing is wrong and just eat the crumpets and go.

If this is all that is needed for SMS, this is o.k. with me.

B.M.

• 2 months later...