Stupid Things Pilots Do

Hmmm..... "Stupid things Pilots do." So far only our Bretheren Pilots have fessed up to thier little indiscretions. The way the thread title reads now anyone could comment on it. It could get quite interesting if some Dumb Engineer (like myself :D:D )... Well, you get the picture. Perhaps the thread title should read "Stupid things I have done as a Pilot"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care who you are, that right there is funny. :P:D:lol:

Ya, hilarious.

As my fingers hover above the keyboard ready to cite all the grief I suffered by engineers who left wrenches and rags behind... oh... I know...how about the one where my wrench was a raging alcoholic whose crappy work caused me TWICE (I forgave him once) to make an emergency landing.

So why doesn't somebody start a thread where we can add all our fond memories of silly things our engineers have done. Then we can all have one big laugh.

So why doesn't somebody start a thread where we can add all our fond memories of silly things our engineers have done. Then we can all have one big laugh.

Go for it Bud!! Anyone can start a thread on this site. But be forwarned that if there were two threads going at the same time (Pilot and Engineer screwups) it could very well turn into a mudslinging match which I don't think would be in the best interest to the decorum of this site.

The only reason I suggested a change of wording for the thread title is to alleviate the possibility of a non-Pilot jumping in with an inappropriate post which thankfully hasn't happened yet.

Go for it Bud!! Anyone can start a thread on this site. But be forwarned that if there were two threads going at the same time (Pilot and Engineer screwups) it could very well turn into a mudslinging match which I don't think would be in the best interest to the decorum of this site.

EXACTLY! I was merely venting my frustration at how these types of threads turn into exactly that rather than being informative as perhaps the original author of the thread intended!

EXACTLY! I was merely venting my frustration at how these types of threads turn into exactly that rather than being informative as perhaps the original author of the thread intended!

Sooo.....It seems we are on the same page, huh?? Care to go for a beer with me?? :D:D

Guest plumber
Ya, hilarious.

As my fingers hover above the keyboard ready to cite all the grief I suffered by engineers who left wrenches and rags behind... oh... I know...how about the one where my wrench was a raging alcoholic whose crappy work caused me TWICE (I forgave him once) to make an emergency landing.

I have a rare story. I once had an engineer who wasn't a raging alcoholic and loved what he or she did for a living but most of all cared about pilots more than we care about ourselves.

FIN.

cared about pilots more than we care about ourselves.

FIN.

That's why we're there Plumber. Because if our Pilot or machine is not up to snuff he can't fly. If he can't fly the company loses revenue hours. If the company loses revenue hours then the Engineers don't get flight pay. If the Engineer doesn't get flight pay (which is generally considered "pin money") then there is no money for Scotch!! If there is no money for Scotch then the Engineer has to go to bed sober and face all the Bullshyte in the morning with a clear head and how bad is that!!! :up: :up: :up:

I've got a stupid pilot story about yours truly, one of many...

So there I was, the only Astar within probably 3000 miles and the only canadian pilot within 2000 miles and the only canadian helicopter within 5000 miles. Gansu Province, China... So the engineer and I plus the Chinese interpreter, co-pilot decided we were going to go on a scenic flight up to "Devils mountain" at 15000 ft it was the highest peak around. We told nobody except the camp supervisor and off we went. Upon flying over the peak we saw a nice scree shoulder that we could land on and go for a stroll on. I landed at 13200 ft and promptly shutdown. As soon as the engine decelled I realized it may have been a big mistake. A. we could not walk down, too cliffy. B. No radio. C. no food. D. No other resource to get down other than maybe the chinese military. E. No other place to land on the shelf we were on....

Can you imagine if the helicopter didn't start? It did.

However, about 27 starts later, it didn't start. Starter was pooched

I learned something that day,

One of many silly, stupid things I'm guilty of doing.

Let's hear some more people!