Good Operators

Not all of us, but most who have been around a while know the difference between a good operator and a bad one.

Here are some of the criteria that I hold up when considering an employer.

1. Is the person doing the hiring telling the truth.( this is not hard to determine if you have a keen understanding of human nature or a degree in psychology) Often people who blame external factors are for the most part not telling the truth. If they take time to think about it it means they need time to make some stuff up.

2. Does the organization hire people of "good character" to me this means people who tell the truth, speak directly to the point and don't beat around the bush.Integrity is probably one of the most difficult personal goals to achieve. ( something I have to work at regularly)

3. Does the company consider you as a human being, often loyalties and long term relationships are are built based on mutual needs.

4. What's the turn over like at the company? This can point to potential management problems, or the inability to manage staff. After all the human dimension in any business and its success means people management must be paramount.

These are only 4 points, sure there are others.....

I hope everybody finds a job this summer, but for those who don't for what ever reason ask yourself if it's worth working for a company that can't at the very least show some integrity weather it be the Ops manager, Chief Pilot or President.

Cheers

HF

We all know that because of who started this thread it should really be titled, "Why does every operator blow" :lol:

Now Now, 212wrench, I am not painting the whole gang with the same brush. Non the less it would seem a little naive to assume that all operators are forthright, honest and decent. There are many good decent companies out there, no doubt.

HF

Would this be the same degree that everyone got upset about when NHL required one??

Nothing to do with The NHL, the association and sentence you quoted is not intended to be read in such a context. My apologies for not being more clear and precise.

Cheers

HF

......or maybe the title should be, "Good Pilots, how to tell the difference"

1). They don't blame all their recurring problems on 'lying Ops managers, Chief Pilots and Presidents that lack integrity'.

OT

It is the individual(s) who is not interested in his fellow man who has the greatest difficulties in life and provides the greatest injury to others. It is from among such individuals that all human failures spring. But I could be wrong!

Surely, a wise man such as yourself can see a little truth in this.

HF

Yes, Happyfeet, you may be right about some individuals that have the greatest difficulties in life.

But you forget that many of us have been here for a long time and know which individual has difficulties, and why those difficulties (and these topics) keep recurring.

We also know about the 'original' university degree discussion from a few years ago.

If "There are many good decent companies out there" as you say, why don't you go get a job with them, and/or stop trashing all the others 'that lack integrity'.

After all these types of posts by you, under various aliases, do you think you still have any credibility amongst this group??

The replies above from veteran members appears to answer that pretty clearly.

Get help, and stop trashing our industry and brotherhood.