Search And Rescue Pull Services

Guest plumber

We refer to traffic collisions as "MVC" motor vehicle collisions. We once referred to them as MVA" or motor vehicle accidents. The terms were changed because it was felt that "accidents" are avoidable. Yes the couple made a poor choice to go into an unfamiliar area, without proper equipment, one being a cell phone. We have all made stupid choices that later we look at with a sigh of relief that we made it through without life changing circumstances. Regardless do not overlook the obvious, multiple "SOS" imprints were made well outside of the area, looking in a different area, i.e. the ski hill, parking garages etc. for clues makes little sense to me. Why not go to the area of the "SOS" and look for clues? Make sense to me, go to the area involved and waste your time there if you think it's B.S. Was a helicopter the only way to get there? Could some one use the lifts, snowmobiles etc to check the area out? I was not involved, nor am I blaming any one person or organization, but if this was my dead spouse, child, I would want answers. Lawyers typically use the shotgun type approach to sue everyone in hopes some person or organization will look more guilty than the next so maybe some money gets to them. Was the ball dropped here?

It is terrible that SAR in BC is now questioning their insurance and liabilities, and placing a hold on their operations. Pray that no one suffers for the inability to get SAR response while this is being dealt with.

Remember this guy went through ****, lost his wife, and some have nothing to say except, "Stupid couple". That's terrible too.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello-Bird ------- In answer to your post:

(1) SAR's that the Feds do over Canada's Arctic are now paid for by a Surety Bond of monies that are put in place by those parties doing the treks BEFORE they are given permission by Ottawa to do so. Therefore, stupidity and ill-preparednessof all types may abound by all manner of foreigners and Canadians and Mr. & Mrs. Joe Canuck pay for diddley. The most that can be said in the negative about that is the danger the SAR crews may endure or the possible loss of a CAF a/c during that search. In my humble opinion it's about time all that was put into place by law and bloody-well long overdue. Sorry, but at over $9000/hr + for a CAF Lockheed Hercules to operate I want answers and ditch the cavalier attitudes.

(2) Your father was correct, but how many insurance firms of any type or other corporations don't have a large legal department and they aren't there to advise the CEO on the best places to vacation. They are there to cover'butts'.

(3) You keep your ideals definitely. While doing so, realize that if you go after me in a courtroom for some reason and my lawyer costs me 4 times as much as yours does..........I win, you loose. Either way, both your lawyer and mine will win no matter what.

Guest plumber
We refer to traffic collisions as "MVC" motor vehicle collisions. We once referred to them as MVA" or motor vehicle accidents. The terms were changed because it was felt that "accidents" are avoidable. Yes the couple made a poor choice to go into an unfamiliar area, without proper equipment, one being a cell phone. We have all made stupid choices that later we look at with a sigh of relief that we made it through without life changing circumstances. Regardless do not overlook the obvious, multiple "SOS" imprints were made well outside of the area, looking in a different area, i.e. the ski hill, parking garages etc. for clues makes little sense to me. Why not go to the area of the "SOS" and look for clues? Make sense to me, go to the area involved and waste your time there if you think it's B.S. Was a helicopter the only way to get there? Could some one use the lifts, snowmobiles etc to check the area out? I was not involved, nor am I blaming any one person or organization, but if this was my dead spouse, child, I would want answers. Lawyers typically use the shotgun type approach to sue everyone in hopes some person or organization will look more guilty than the next so maybe some money gets to them. Was the ball dropped here?

It is terrible that SAR in BC is now questioning their insurance and liabilities, and placing a hold on their operations. Pray that no one suffers for the inability to get SAR response while this is being dealt with.

Remember this guy went through ****, lost his wife, and some have nothing to say except, "Stupid couple". That's terrible too.

I'm buying this about as much as when someone drinks to much at a pub and kills someone on there way home and the pub gets sued.

Time to owe up and take blame for your own mistakes.

If someone has a car accident, (regardless of the reason) and the Police are told about wreckage, but do nothing about it, are they doing their jobs properly ??

The RCMP have already said they made an "error" by not launching SAR earlier.

This is what this lawsuit is about.

It is disappointing that Golden SAR have also been named in the suit.

How would you feel if you were the helicopter pilots that reported the SOS marks in the snow ??

"Why is no-one listening to me??"

How would you feel if you were the person that made those marks in the snow, and thought that those marks had been seen by a helicopter......."Why is no-one looking for me??".

Very sad.

Other people made errors in this mis-adventure, not just the skiers.

Yes, it is time the RCMP takes blame for their mistake.

Hello-Bird ------- In answer to your post:

(1) SAR's that the Feds do over Canada's Arctic are now paid for by a Surety Bond of monies that are put in place by those parties doing the treks BEFORE they are given permission by Ottawa to do so. Therefore, stupidity and ill-preparednessof all types may abound by all manner of foreigners and Canadians and Mr. & Mrs. Joe Canuck pay for diddley. The most that can be said in the negative about that is the danger the SAR crews may endure or the possible loss of a CAF a/c during that search. In my humble opinion it's about time all that was put into place by law and bloody-well long overdue. Sorry, but at over $9000/hr + for a CAF Lockheed Hercules to operate I want answers and ditch the cavalier attitudes.

(2) Your father was correct, but how many insurance firms of any type or other corporations don't have a large legal department and they aren't there to advise the CEO on the best places to vacation. They are there to cover'butts'.

(3) You keep your ideals definitely. While doing so, realize that if you go after me in a courtroom for some reason and my lawyer costs me 4 times as much as yours does..........I win, you loose. Either way, both your lawyer and mine will win no matter what.

Cap, thanks for explaining re: SAR.

I understand what you're saying re: insurance companies. I grew up hearing all the angles on insurance at the dinner table. For as long as I can remember. All I'm saying is, even if there's only one guy who was in the insurance business who wasn't only covering his own butt, but also constantly put himself in the place of the other guy (making sure people were clearly educated about their coverage and options, and also made attempts to find people the best coverage for their dollar possible), it was my Dad. He's the kind of guy that sat on a Port Authority Board and flew to all of the international events in 'economy' and refused to fly business class. Because it wasn't on his dollar. And he encouraged all the other board members, & CEO, to do the same. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. But my Dad rode economy anyway. Because he slept better at night, knowing he was doing the right thing.

I also realize what your saying re: lawyers. That's why I didn't have a chance against the chiropractic association. Because their lawyers are expensive, and powerful. And mine was more interested in coaching girls soccer... That's why I was given what is apparently called a 'nuisance fee' ... a very small sum of money to go away, and not mention publicly what happened. I'm aware. & I get it. I just want to.

Guest plumber
If someone has a car accident, (regardless of the reason) and the Police are told about wreckage, but do nothing about it, are they doing their jobs properly ??

The RCMP have already said they made an "error" by not launching SAR earlier.

This is what this lawsuit is about.

It is disappointing that Golden SAR have also been named in the suit.

How would you feel if you were the helicopter pilots that reported the SOS marks in the snow ??

"Why is no-one listening to me??"

How would you feel if you were the person that made those marks in the snow, and thought that those marks had been seen by a helicopter......."Why is no-one looking for me??".

Very sad.

Other people made errors in this mis-adventure, not just the skiers.

Yes, it is time the RCMP takes blame for their mistake.

Thats why I file a flight plan, pack suvival gear and check in when i say I'm going to.

All of which were not done in this case. I don't recall saying anything about any other group other than SAR in this case either.