206 Hydralic Servo

Happyguy

Will check the Nr/N2 split tomorrow.

The bleed air valve does start to close, about 1/2 way, as we spool up to 100% on ground flat pitch, then opens back up.

When should it be completely closed?

Should it start to close then open back up at 100% flat pitch?

Thanx

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will check the Nr/N2 split tomorrow.

The bleed air valve does start to close, about 1/2 way, as we spool up to 100% on ground flat pitch, then opens back up.

When should it be completely closed?

Should it start to close then open back up at 100% flat pitch?

Thanx

Happyguy,

You may want to give Bell product support a call. They are available 24/7. 1-800-363-8023 or Email pselight@bellhelicopter.textron.com. It is a free service so you've got nothing to loose.

Cheers

The bleed valve operation is normal.

It should not close fully until above 90% Ng.

The particle seperator is the filter.

It appears you should have someone who is familiar with the aircraft take a closer look.

I concur with Ray, time for your engineer to be with you. About the torque, have you been flying in smoke a lot, or doing drip torching? A few years back, a pilot, who had been torching and flying in the smoke being created, complained about the 100% flat pitch torque being higher than the norm. I looked at the blades and they were filthy, I mean very filthy, you could write your name in the soot. Gave the blade a really good wash and scrub with sponge and lots of soap and elbow grease and the torque came down. Just a thought, but if they are really dirty, just emagine what your compressor will be like. Could be the cause of all your problems.

Happy Guy,

My first question about the comp stalls would be how fast do you roll back in power after the auto? Is it faster than you would normaly do it sitting on the groung flat pitch spooling up? How is the power check? Has it been pretty consistant. Did you check your engine for any fod damage? I have seen an engine still make spec power, but would stall once in a while during a power change. I think it was a $12000 bill do dress out and repair the compressor and the 1st stage turbine wheel had 2 blades that were only around 60% there. All that seen it were blown away. I have also seen a few strong engines fresh from O/H stall both on the ground and in the air when rolling in the throttle. If you have an inconsitant torque gauge how do you know how fast the throttle is being rolled in? Look at your log book. Has there recently been a turbine of compressor change? Try to eliminate the easy stuff first before you start changing out parts? Start machine and be a little more agressive than you might normally be when rolling up to flight idle. If it pops on you. Roll it back down and repeat with the Anti-ice open. If the pops go away there is a good chance you have a very strong compressor:} Your engine does not know when you are doing an auto or just sitting on the ground. It does not bark at you because you scared the crap out of it. Try rolling your throttle up and down at the end of the day when your engine is warm. This may make a difference. When your engine does bark is it right when you come up off the ground idle stop around the 70% N1 mark?

Cheers

Thanks Heli500....yeah, at around 70% N1. It hasn't done it since we stopped doing the hovering autos. But even with care on the roll up it would pop after an auto. Normal start and run is fine.

The torque gauge at idle is air in the line, I think. This is a wet line.

It's in for a 100 hr in 15 so we'll fly easy till then.

This machine is a corporate and has not flown alot in the last couple of years....100 hrs / per yr.

It doesn't like being taken out of retirement, me thinks...but then neither do I : )

N2/ NR will only split on the ground idle to shut down.

It's in for a 100 hr in 15 so we'll fly easy till then.

That has to be the dumbest statement I have ever seen on this site. Fix the defect NOW moron. Before further flight!! A helicopter does not pick and choose the time to quit in accordance with how many hours are left to the next inspection!!! "Fly her easy" Jeez!! I can't believe what I just read!1 :down: :down: :down:

If you keep on your present line of thought and course of action you are going to get your arse bit real hard!!!!

Havn't you learned yet, your machine "ALWAYS" talks to you if there is an impending problem.

Listen to Her for Effs sake!! She is telling you--I don't feel good and if you don't fix me NOW I'm

screw you right up your fundimental orifice and you Wife is going to be a WIDOW!!!

That has to be the dumbest statement I have ever seen on this site. Fix the defect NOW moron. Before further flight!! A helicopter does not pick and choose the time to quit in accordance with how many hours are left to the next inspection!!! "Fly her easy" Jeez!! I can't believe what I just read!1 :down: :down: :down:

If you keep on your present line of thought and course of action you are going to get your arse bit real hard!!!!

Havn't you learned yet, your machine "ALWAYS" talks to you if there is an impending problem.

Listen to Her for Effs sake!! She is telling you--I don't feel good and if you don't fix me NOW I'm

going to screw you and your trusting passengers right up your fundimental orifice and you Wife is going to be a WIDOW!!!

screw you right up your fundimental orifice and you Wife is going to be a WIDOW!!!

Sound advice, spoken by a heli-doctor who obviously hears what the patient is talking about. And cares enough (about you, and the machine) to say so.

Hopefully you got that last transmission there, Happy Guy. Because it's true... "Happy Guy" can turn into "Dirt Nap Guy" rather quickly. And waiting is seriously NOT worth it.