Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Drug-smuggling Canadian Pilot Pleads Guilty

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that i know much about the inner workings of the DEA, but I'm thinking he'd be more in line for a knee in the middle of the back and maybe a few whacks of the baton....perhaps a good tazing.

But full-on torture? While I fully believe that the US military is guilty of some pretty nasty things, I don't believe for a second that the whole country to the south of us is like Gitmo.....

Yes MMike, he could have been out in a few years as you say but to face what? Has anyone ever asked the question "Why did he kill himself?" Someone who hasn't been though it can only imagine the terror of being arrested, interrogated, and incarcerated especially given the new "rules" with regard to "Homeland Security". Who can say what state of mind he was in when they were finished with him. Could it be that he was afraid of what was waiting for him when he got back to Canada? At any rate, it was a terrible waste of a life, who knows what he could of gone on to accomplish. I guess all actions have consequences but to kill yourself?! Very sad.

If I was 24, looked like he did, and was going to jail for bringing drugs to the US, I'd be scared out of my mind. Sitting in a jail cell. Imagining what was going to happen to me now. A friend I grew up with is now a parole officer and works with 'hard core' sex offenders (both one on one and in group sessions) who were once in maximum security penitentiaries. It's not like the movies, where you can have popcorn, and leave when it's over... I've driven by that jail in Spokane. If it's the same one, it's scary. What jail wouldn't be? Especially when you're a 24 year old Canadian kid in a US Jail. The kid was from Revelstoke for pete sake. He knew he screwed up. And I hate to say it, but I don't blame him for doing what he did. I wouldn't want to live through what he was going to have to either (and I don't just mean the cold cell, jail food, isolation away from family & friends either...). And to be honest, I'd rather just save the tax payers all that money for something that was my stupid mistake anyway. The ones I feel most bad for, are his parents.

post-4857-1246931675_thumb.jpg

Intimidation, sleep deprivation, loud noise, bright lights, water boarding, being roughed up, is that enough for you?

Of course this kind of thing would never go on in The Department of Homeland Security, they are all a bunch of Boy Scouts. "Hey Sam Brown, what do you have there? Oh, a helicopter full of marijuana. Hmmmmm....... Well....... Why don't we all come over here and sit around the camp fire and roast a few marshmallows (are those legal down there? ha, ha, ha) and have a little chat about that."

As for new rules, for one, try the so called "USA PATRIOT Act". (Absolute power corrupts absolutely)

Pretty sure it was the DEA and the RCMP who made the bust, not Homeland Security. BTW, that heli was owned by a BC man who has himself been convicted of smuggling drugs. He reported the heli missing. He also knew Brown personally. How's that go? Known by the company we keep? Talk smack all you want about those in the DEA, the RCMP, Homeland Security, yo momma...but Sam Brown made a choice. Twice. Perhaps more. Always regret the loss of life but see no need to point fingers at authorities unnecessarily.

tqn once again you made me laugh even before i read what you wrote, i knew you wouldn't debate the points that you asked about and i addressed. Your game is to bring irrelevant comments into it and when those are addressed?...... More irrelevant points, never taking up the challenge though. Not very impressive. Or is it more important to point out that Sam was arrested by DEA not Homeland Security. Oh and by the way if we are going to split hairs, the machine was not owned but leased.

I guess for me the question is still how could someone who was supposedly held in a suicide proof (i guess that would be suicide resistant) cell kill himself? Also what happened in the hours preceding his death? My guess is there was alot of "ok 'Bob', do we all have our story straight?" going on after that one.

HB not to sure if someone was looking as far ahead as you were thinking (as in being raped in jail) and contemplating that they would rather be dead but it is a possibility.

He hung himself with his bead sheet.

It's the first thing I would think of. Sitting there. In a cage. With only my fears & thoughts.

Whats the big deal about a drug runner losing his life. Just one less conduit of drugs to your kids. What the h-ll is the difference who took him out, Canada or the U.S. Lets not hear any more crybaby BS about "poor baby," "wrong decisions," "he was such a young man," "I can only imagine what he must have been going through." The main thing is, he is out of circulation and our kids are a little safer. My God, some of you people are pathetic!! There is absolutely no room in our society for drug pushers, dealers, or supporters of drugs.

I can hear it coming HB. More "words of wisdom" Fire away!!

Whats the big deal about a drug runner losing his life. Just one less conduit of drugs to your kids. What the h-ll is the difference who took him out, Canada or the U.S. Lets not hear any more crybaby BS about "poor baby," "wrong decisions," "he was such a young man," "I can only imagine what he must have been going through." The main thing is, he is out of circulation and our kids are a little safer. My God, some of you people are pathetic!! There is absolutely no room in our society for drug pushers, dealers, or supporters of drugs.

I can hear it coming HB. More "words of wisdom" Fire away!!

I don't have any words, Sir. I'm done.

Like i said before i can't put myself in that frame of mind, i can't even contemplate it. Just trying to imagine being that desperate or scared or without hope. I wonder if that was the result they were expecting? After all, there is a very scientific technique to breaking someone, not that they always give reliable information, sometimes they just say what they think the interrogators want to hear to hopefully bring the "unpleasantness" to an end. On the other hand, sadly there's always the "bed sheet".

That you can't put yourself in that frame of mind, or can't even contemplate it, is a good thing.

I make a distinction between heroine and weed with regard to their seriousness. Should weed be legal? Maybe. Is it worse that booze and cigarettes? Highly debatable (as demonstrated previously).

So at least for now, weed is illegal. Sam was a total dumbass for doing what he did. I also think he was even more of a dumbass for hanging himself. He should have spent a few years in a pound-me-in-the-*** prison. But more than likely he would have walked out of there alive. (having learned his lesson? Who knows.

But yeah, removing someone that dumb from the gene pool.....in the long run probably not a bad thing.

And on a marignally related note, just because Sam was a pro mtn biker as well, Has anyone been following the Missy Giove saga? Better than TV, this is.....

Claiming they planted it on her....AHAHAHAHAa

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/articl...Z8f4nAD98TB57O0

What they found:

Pot_bust__.jpg