Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Drug-smuggling Canadian Pilot Pleads Guilty

YOU make ME laugh, L3. You listen to no one, not even your own innuendo-riddled rantings. You somehow seem justified in bashing Homeland Security and the Patriot Act, NEITHER of which had ANYTHING to do with this case. It's an untruth. You go on to accuse them of torturing Mr. Brown, ultimately leading to his suicide. An autopsy would've revealed any physical abuse. Again, another untruth. I sentence you to one year of working with the guys and gals of Homeland Security, the DEA, the RCMP, cross-border agents, take your pick. Walk a mile in their shoes and those rants of yours might shift a little. Probably not though. You seem to enjoy your overly liberal, randomly tossed conspiracy theories as God-spoken truth, so have at 'em. I have no need for your semantics, today or tomorrow.

Mr. Brown was being held in the Spokane County Jail. Not the Big House. Not SuperMax. A holding cell. A county jail. Lights are on 24/7 for their own security. Where should he have gone? The Ritz-Carlton? Pffft!

How cute he was, how young he was, how talented he was, how scared he might've been at his circumstances has NOTHING to do with the circumstances he got himself into and how he CHOSE to deal with it. Suicide is a selfish act. He was obviously smart enough to get himself into the high-risk situation and had he played his cards right, he'd have been a free man by the time he was 30 as MMike pointed out.

Whatever music he couldn't face, be it family, the guy who owned the heli (if your name is on that dotted line on that lease, YOU ARE the current owner of said aircraft, vehicle, whatever), someone he owned money to, potential corporate sponsors for his biking...whatever he couldn't face, those were HIS DEMONS and his alone.

Period.

My only hopes are that the whole situation provides an ample deterrent to others who think the risk of cross-border trafficking is worth it and that his family finds peace.

+10 Gold Member, MMike and Splitty.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU make ME laugh, L3. You listen to no one, not even your own innuendo-riddled rantings. You somehow seem justified in bashing Homeland Security and the Patriot Act, NEITHER of which had ANYTHING to do with this case. It's an untruth. You go on to accuse them of torturing Mr. Brown, ultimately leading to his suicide. An autopsy would've revealed any physical abuse. Again, another untruth. I sentence you to one year of working with the guys and gals of Homeland Security, the DEA, the RCMP, cross-border agents, take your pick. Walk a mile in their shoes and those rants of yours might shift a little. Probably not though. You seem to enjoy your overly liberal, randomly tossed conspiracy theories as God-spoken truth, so have at 'em. I have no need for your semantics, today or tomorrow.

Mr. Brown was being held in the Spokane County Jail. Not the Big House. Not SuperMax. A holding cell. A county jail. Lights are on 24/7 for their own security. Where should he have gone? The Ritz-Carlton? Pffft!

How cute he was, how young he was, how talented he was, how scared he might've been at his circumstances has NOTHING to do with the circumstances he got himself into and how he CHOSE to deal with it. Suicide is a selfish act. He was obviously smart enough to get himself into the high-risk situation and had he played his cards right, he'd have been a free man by the time he was 30 as MMike pointed out.

Whatever music he couldn't face, be it family, the guy who owned the heli (if your name is on that dotted line on that lease, YOU ARE the current owner of said aircraft, vehicle, whatever), someone he owned money to, potential corporate sponsors for his biking...whatever he couldn't face, those were HIS DEMONS and his alone.

Period.

My only hopes are that the whole situation provides an ample deterrent to others who think the risk of cross-border trafficking is worth it and that his family finds peace.

+10 Gold Member, MMike and Splitty.

Excellent post TQN (as per usual) I have rec'd several PM's in support of my post. (I wish they would post thier thoughts here) It's good to see there are people on this site that are not hand-wringing left wing liberals. Whether or not pot is good or bad has nothing to do with it. The plain fact is...It's illegal. Pure and simple, and until such time as it is legal the dealers and pushers who sell this entry level drug to your kids should be dealt with to the full extent of the law. They should be thankfull they don't live in places like China or Iran where the punishment is a wee bit harsher as is punishment for child molesters. They don't believe child molesters should be "treated," they should be executed!

Word all that, Splitty! It is a shame more Forum members don't speak out for what they believe, whether it's here or any other thread. Sometimes it's not worth chewing through the leather straps to weed through the rantings and ravings, ostricizing, philosophizing and whatnot to bother. Time is, after all, a precious commodity. Me, I don't mind a good spanking now and again if I am wrong or have said something totally out of line, out of character or just plain nasty. Just stand clear of the recoil; it's not always predictable (or controllable). :rolleyes:

I was taught at a very young age to respect my elders. L3 has my respect. He's entitled to his opinion, even to how he tosses it out there willy-nilly, right or wrong. If I call him out on something, it's only because I see untruths in what is being said. Nothing personal. It is what it is. :)

I do want to go back to one thing I said in my last post before I leave this topic to the pundits for good.

Suicide is a most selfish act, yes. But in this case, I can entertain the notion that suicide may have been a selfless act. Why? Because of the traffickers' Code of Silence. In his panicked state, if he was in a panicked state, Mr. Brown may have seen it as the only option for sending the message, "I didn't talk, now leave my family alone." That is to say that intimidation and fear of retaliation and/or reprisal could easily have been a factor while wrestling with the demons that led him to do what he did. Food for thought, perhaps. Only he will ever know why he permanently opted out.

Outta here and good day, all!

I don't get why a hot topic can't just be discussed and debated intelligently and maturely, without emotive, evangelistic-like, "holier than thou" posture. When someone communicates in this style (which is pretty low on style points, as far as I'm concerned) all I hear is noise. Volume: 10. I can't even hear what you're saying. And it's hard for me to take anything you're saying seriously.

No one said trafficking drugs was right. Or that the guy deserved sympathy. Last time I checked, compassion wasn't sympathy.

How many conversations are going on here anyway?

- Trafficking drugs (law)

- Drugs are illegal (law)

- Trafficking drugs are illegal (law)

- Penalties for drug traffickers (law)

- Interrogation (sociology/psychology / ethics)

- Suicide (psychology/sociology)

So lets see here. Law, Psychology, Sociology... what am I missing?

I'd love to engage in some mature, intelligent dialog on this topic. And If that's not possible, well, to be honest, I'd rather just resurrect the term "bite me" and stick to listening to JC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfI9B8e9tW4...feature=related

:huh: I am assuming you are talking to me simply because you followed my post with that. Regardless, I stopped listening at "holier than thou, emotive, evangelistic and style points." This thread is actually about Jeremy Snow. Volume 15: Noise. I can't even hear what you're saying. And it's hard for me to take anything you're saying seriously. :) Oh, yeah. Bite me. :P

:huh: I am assuming you are talking to me simply because you followed my post with that. Regardless, I stopped listening at "holier than thou, emotive, evangelistic and style points." This thread is actually about Jeremy Snow. Volume 15: Noise. I can't even hear what you're saying. And it's hard for me to take anything you're saying seriously. :) Oh, yeah. Bite me. :P

I'm not talking about you personally, TQN. I just think the topic is interesting on a lot of different levels. And I'd appreciate to be able to explore it in a respectable manner that makes it possible to do so. With the way that the topic has been addressed, it's not possible to even engage in it more deeply. I think L3 was sincerely trying to do that from the psychological/sociological perspective, but he was shot down rather quickly without consideration as to where he actually might be coming from. Call it BS, crybaby... pathetic... what have you. I think those were Splitpins words... Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'd just be interested in talking about it. And with the way the conversation is going, that's not possible. That's all.

I'm not talking about you personally, TQN.

Oh. Well, bite me anyway! :blur: :boff:

I think L3 was sincerely trying to do that from the psychological/sociological perspective, but he was shot down rather quickly without consideration as to where he actually might be coming from.

ROTFLMAO! That's a good one! Funny...I try so hard but I just can't make the leap from one's constant and eternal bashing of Homeland Security, the DEA, the Patriot Act or other anti-American smack to psychologocial/sociological perspective. Can't and won't, because the jabs come whether an opportunity presents itself or not. It's the untruths I have a hard time with.

Just different birds with different feathers, is all. As for intelligent conversation/debate here on "hot topics" (which is totally subjective to each individual) it seems like an unrealistic expectation considering the hundreds of faceless, nameless, different people (diff backgrounds, diff belief systems, diff values, diff everything) adding a personal 2 cents when the mood strikes.

I don't expect anything from anybody. In doing so, I'm not usually disappointed. :D

P.S. Written in my most humble, non-preachy, non-evanglistic, yada-yada tone. You just couldn't hear me!

Oh. Well, bite me anyway! :blur: :boff:

ROTFLMAO! That's a good one! Funny...I try so hard but I just can't make the leap from one's constant and eternal bashing of Homeland Security, the DEA, the Patriot Act or other anti-American smack to psychologocial/sociological perspective. Can't and won't, because the jabs come whether an opportunity presents itself or not. It's the untruths I have a hard time with.

Just different birds with different feathers, is all. As for intelligent conversation/debate here on "hot topics" (which is totally subjective to each individual) it seems like an unrealistic expectation considering the hundreds of faceless, nameless, different people (diff backgrounds, diff belief systems, diff values, diff everything) adding a personal 2 cents when the mood strikes.

I don't expect anything from anybody. In doing so, I'm not usually disappointed. :D

I think the thing that annoys me (not that you asked), is when things like this turn into a 'witch hunt,' so to speak. The topic becomes personal... about the person (be it Sam Brown, or L3 practicing in sin, or Splitpin, MMike, or someone else practicing with halos... ) instead of the issue or topic at hand. What is the point? How does that actually make a difference in the world to do this?

You have a hard time with untruths. Or lies. Fine. I can appreciate that. 100% But If the information you hold is the truth, why get so charged about it? Why not just state the correction and leave it at that? It doesn't make more of an impact to lace the correction with barbs or personal attacks. Why not set an example?

re: "hot topic." Subjective... I guess... Drugs, Drug trafficking, and suicide seem like hot topics to me. Along with Abortion, religion, human rights, war... etc... Forgive my exaggerated use of language. Perhaps I ought to have simply written "topic."

If you don't expect anything from anybody, then why are you bothered by so called untruths that someone expresses?

I'm guessing this dialog is now turning into what Splitpin would call, "mundane BS." I'd think maybe I'd rather avoid taking up this kind of space, and just get back to researching the industry.

Take care.

HB