Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Drug-smuggling Canadian Pilot Pleads Guilty

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Crime+brie...7567/story.html

The second storey says it all to me, they are pretty much a waste of fresh air.

Re: The first story. Oh those poor boys, they must be so confused. I can only imagine how their parents feel. They were probably abused as youngsters. They should be given help. Oh, I'm so trying to understand their plight. :down: :down:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but you're lovin' it, right?

Lovin' not working so hard, for a change. Outside of that, you'd really have to define "lovin'" to me, Brother. ;) On second thought, don't bother. Iz beer time!

Not going to happen Love! I pulled my head out of my arse years ago. :P

Well, that just makes you an asshat, like me! :punk: C'est la vie!

I grew up in a town where a man was standing on a bridge down town and a guy drove by and yelled, "jump you f*cking junkie." He was so pissed off he got down, got clean, and now counsels addicts.

I was just curious about this topic. That's it. I don't care, TQN, if you and L3 see eye to eye or not. And I'm not into touchy feely psycho babble, Splitpin.

Ever known someone who killed them self? Ever had someone do it behind your elementary school? Or in the house behind where you lived? Ever have your Mom do it? Or an uncle? If so, you know. It hurts.

Sometimes people are interested in understanding these things. And getting other people's perspectives beyond "that's wrong." "That's selfish." "That's f*cked."

HB out.

I'd really like to think those were rhetorical questions, but I'm thinking they were not. There's obviously a good many people here, with a whole wallop of hard years and hurtful, gut-wrenching experiences, including suicides, that don't likely need to be told what hurts—myself included.

I know you don't care, HB, because you quit reading a while back, but I will say again that suicide IS selfish BECAUSE it leaves family and friends asking "Why?" for the rest of their natural-born days. I believe I also mentioned that it might've been a selfless act in Mr. Brown's case.

Suicide is a most selfish act, yes. But in this case, I can entertain the notion that suicide may have been a selfless act. Why? Because of the traffickers' Code of Silence. In his panicked state, if he was in a panicked state, Mr. Brown may have seen it as the only option for sending the message, "I didn't talk, now leave my family alone." That is to say that intimidation and fear of retaliation and/or reprisal could easily have been a factor while wrestling with the demons that led him to do what he did. Food for thought, perhaps. Only he will ever know why he permanently opted out.

It is not my desire to exchange barbs with you. Sometimes it's good to just let it ride.

Jeremy Snow

I'd really like to think those were rhetorical questions, but I'm thinking they were not. There's obviously a good many people here, with a whole wallop of hard years and hurtful, gut-wrenching experiences, including suicides, that don't likely need to be told what hurts—myself included.

I know you don't care, HB, because you quit reading a while back, but I will say again that suicide IS selfish BECAUSE it leaves family and friends asking "Why?" for the rest of their natural-born days. I believe I also mentioned that it might've been a selfless act in Mr. Brown's case.

It is not my desire to exchange barbs with you. Sometimes it's good to just let it ride.

Jeremy Snow

My 12 year old niece is easier to follow than this.

So you know someone who has killed themselves? And yes? You know the pain associated with it? Fine. You choose to see it as a selfish act. Your opinion is simply that. An opinion. Valid, but not fact.

I'm not into rhetorical questions. I'm not into persuading someone or manipulating in conversation. I actually just like to know what other people think.

I don't care because I stopped reading a while back? This is a trapping statement. Like I said, I can't hear what you're saying because the volume is so loud. Does that mean you don't care about what I'm saying? Because you stopped reading a while back? I don't think so. Because I think you care a lot. About a lot of things. As do I.

If it's not your interest to exchange barbs, as you say, perhaps you might consider cutting out the passive aggressive "just joking" public triangulation. Especially on a subject such as this.

Forgive me for not replying further. I'd prefer to focus my attention elsewhere

Since I work on the K.I.S.S. Principle, perhaps I look at things a tad different.

To me, pilot smuggles drugs of ANY type into the USA for ANY sum of money with their penalties for doing so, then that pilot should be judged terminally stupid. If pilot smuggles drugs of ANY type into Canada from the US, then that pilot whould be considered 'unlucky' if and when caught. Why? If one has to ask that question then they better start getting informed about same and don't waste a moment doing so.

My 12 year old niece is easier to follow than this.

Really? Let me put it another way. When you get off that thinly veiled, condescension high-horse that rides so freely beneath the guise of naivete, perhaps we'll have something to talk about. Grow up, HB. You don't know me. I've truly had enough of this stupidity. I wish you well regardless.

My apologies, Cap. Truly. That goes for everyone.

I'll gladly take the punishment box, if needed, Twinnie. Prolly safer and more peaceful there anyway. :)