Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Autorotation Aerodynamics

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never fail to correct folks that call a helicopter a chopper! I 'politely' point out in my best diplomatic way :D that it's a Helicopter or a Machine.

Nothing is worse than when a fixed wing guy walks up to you and he asks "are you the fling wing driver?"

We do not call them wings, they are fuckin blades and I wouldn't call anything in the unified chaos dance that they do "flinging" either.

He may have just been a little offended though as I was wearing a t shirt that said "runways are for models"

Of course its neccessary for them to be fixed wing pilots so that they don't reproduce.

Nothing is worse than when a fixed wing guy walks up to you and he asks "are you the fling wing driver?"

We do not call them wings, they are fuckin blades and I wouldn't call anything in the unified chaos dance that they do "flinging" either.

He may have just been a little offended though as I was wearing a t shirt that said "runways are for models"

Of course its neccessary for them to be fixed wing pilots so that they don't reproduce.

Right on Freefall!! You da Man!! :up: :up:

I wanted to write: MEOW !!

But I'd rather ask... is it not acceptable to refer to a helicopter as rotary wing?

And probably machine, engine, and work ethic.

Some folks certainly may not be up to speed on retro generational slang and perhaps in their youthful ways get a bit "cool" or silly/sloppy in their posture with behavior and words at times, Splitpin, but many young people of today do have strong work ethic, take pride in a job well done, and are very (very) grateful for the guidance and fine examples of those who came before them.

Some folks certainly may not be up to speed on retro generational slang and perhaps in their youthful ways get a bit "cool" or silly/sloppy in their posture with behavior and words at times, Splitpin, but many young people of today do have strong work ethic, take pride in a job well done, and are very (very) grateful for the guidance and fine examples of those who came before them.

Meh