Sign in to follow this  
coolhand110

Chc Global Helicopter Pilots Unionize

I worked for CHC over a decade ago and didn't find the conditions nor pay bad at all so I am not sure what the whining is about...but then again I am not working for them now.

However, what I have come to understand is that the OETC is not available. This combined with the fact that non-canadians are not subject to unionization; it would appear to me that this could be a nail in the coffin for the future of canadian pilots working for canadian helicopters.

I hope it isn't so but I think the writing is on the wall.

Good luck.

I worked for CHC over a decade ago and didn't find the conditions nor pay bad at all so I am not sure what the whining is about

Who's whining? We only want a legal and binding contract just as CHC expects from the oil companies.

This combined with the fact that non-canadians are not subject to unionization;

I'm afraid your FACT is fiction. The GHPA and it's upcoming CLA will be binding on ALL CHC Global pilots,regardless of citizenship/residency. The only pilots not included are those directly employed by CHC partner companies around the world such as TAS in Thailand.

Who's whining? We only want a legal and binding contract just as CHC expects from the oil companies.

So.....when the negotiated contract runs out, and not renewed.....does that mean the union contract expires also???

So.....when the negotiated contract runs out, and not renewed.....does that mean the union contract expires also???

:rolleyes: Well of course, just the same as when the oil company contract is not renewed CHC would not have to honor their contract to pay for the a/c......give me a break Helilog, I understand you are anti-union, but I know you know better than that.