Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chc Global Helicopter Pilots Unionize

Guest plumber
Sure she has the right,I am just asking her to not express pertinent opinions in a matter that does not concern her personally in any way,shape or form.My ex was an actress and I did not dare to make artistic judgements or sugest the way her and those like her should carry themselves or make sugestions about how they should conduct their affairs.Just a sugesion.Back to the given subject...If was not for the unions in general there would be no minimum wage limit in this country or anywhere else.Right now I know people that work for about 7$ an hour(if you divide the hours worked to theyr salary)I firmly believe that if there was no such legal limit,many employers(not only from this industry) would pay less than that.Corporations are in bussines to make money and will use all means to achieve that.No one blaims that.We just got to be able to counter injust actions when and if they occur.

No one will argue that unions have been needed in the past but what I will argue is they are big business and are in it for the same reason any other business sets up shop to improve their bottom line. If you can't see this then your about to buy a bag of magic beans.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the CHC Global pilots want a union, good for them.

Just to clarify, should read "wanted a union", past tense. It is a done deal for us.

Actually, we wanted an association, but management basically threw our representative out of the office when he approached them with the idea. So much for open and conciliatory management.

Now they, and we, have a full fledged UNION.

With this :up: "GREAT VICTORY" :up: Also comes great hope. It demostrates that when faced with the greatest of adversity and seemingly impossible barriers can be overcome. :)

This is truly a victory for not only Global but also for the many other regular pilots out there that organizing as a group is possible. Union or association.

Strength in numbers gents!

"Hello Girl, with all the respect for you as a person and for your artistic abilities,I think you should not express to much of an opinion mainly because you are not part of the industry and so you should avoid quick judgements based on no experience of yourself.This a very unique industry and generalising and assimilating it with other fields of activity would bring false conclusions."

....Sure she has the right,I am just asking her to not express pertinent opinions in a matter that does not concern her personally in any way,shape or form.My ex was an actress and I did not dare to make artistic judgements or sugest the way her and those like her should carry themselves or make sugestions about how they should conduct their affairs.Just a sugesion.

Alpha-boy :) : please forgive my (omega) intrusion. No judgement or suggestions were intended. And if they read that way, it was because of my own poor construction of thoughts in words. I simply liked what GM (If you don't like it, get out. No-one mislead me and tricked me into joining the aviation industry. I do it because I like it.), M1/2Wife (re: family values & small business), and Plumber (ie: "dumb Irishman") wrote. And could well relate to their experiences and perspectives. In addition, I'm interested in the topic and have been for some time.

SO... How bout those Canu.... oops... never mind.

Well maybe some of the ifr guys need a union cuz anyone can play a video game. But those who can really fly out in the bush who only fly IFR cuz they are bored and need a change will never need a union to protect thier job. They are worth thier weight in gold and usually get what they need to feel compensated and appreciated for there skills. I have several IFR /Bush buddies that will agree.

Hello-bird,OK than! ;) Plumber,what this association should do is not comparable with say..constuction workers union from New York,entangled and controlled by the Mafia.No,and should not be operated as a bussines for profit.Regional union stuarts could adress issues while still working as a pilot or engineer.There should be no "Union Executives",just representatives working by a constitution aprouved ,amended and respected by all members.Maybe the "controversial"HEPAC would of got many more members and much more money to operate with if they faced up to the need and not take the ideea of a union out of the question right from the start.I think they acted by the self preservation instinct so present in this line of work and denied to even consider this even if deep down they knew what was needed.Or maybe they were just waiting for the majority to bring the subject on.Elan Head,again ,put this subject to a poll and the results will clear the air a bit.

Well maybe some of the ifr guys need a union cuz anyone can play a video game. But those who can really fly out in the bush who only fly IFR cuz they are bored and need a change will never need a union to protect thier job. They are worth thier weight in gold and usually get what they need to feel compensated and appreciated for there skills. I have several IFR /Bush buddies that will agree.

Ronny, no offense intended but your last contribution would fail as the winning argument at a debate entirely made up David Dukes half retarded step children.

Video games....? OK! :huh:

Pass the INRAT then we'll talk.

HF