Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chc Global Helicopter Pilots Unionize

got that all off your chest now, AD?? seems like everytime this topic gets discussed, it's the same old same old same old repeated over and over and ad nauseum...

you now have 1 body of drivers certified. how about seeing how they make out before deciding the same will work everywhere else....

personally, i think L3 gave everyone a lesson on how to rationally discuss a sensitive topic... well done, sir... B)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twinstar,none of the above mentioned issues have been encountered by me .I am sure that people that have had this kind of problems would not lie over a beer .Not all are totally unhappy with the status quo but would like to see some kind of uniformity in wages ,living allowances,flight pay,respect..etc And if some deny the existence of problems or are not aware of some problems why pretend that they do not exist?You are right,I guess will see how the Global union does.Yes,L3 has a good point and a good approach.

Guest plumber
gwk,you are right,maybe I have stepped over the line and I am sorry.HB,I am sorry!Now,back to the issue.Non revenue flihts...Do you guys feel that your 8 hours ferry flight to a job site north of nowhere loaded with fuel,ops gear,sleepy engineer etc should be a freebie for the company?After all,you fly the machine to the location so it can make money on a 40-50 hours contract.If the customer does not pay for the ferry,that does not make your work worth less.I believe that the onus stands with the employer to pay for ALL of your flight time.By the way,how many times do we know for sure if the ferry time is revenue time or not?If you f@#k up during that flight,responsability for the above mentioned action will be yours,so I do not see why you should get no pay for your liability.If you are a truck driver driving muffins from point A to point B for Muffin INC.,I believe you will get your money for your driving regardless if the truck is empty or full.Right?

Sad part is the guys heli your flying up there isn't getting paid sometimes either thats probably why he's givin you the choice free or beat it. I'm sure for the most part he don't like the ultimatum either.

got that all off your chest now, AD?? seems like everytime this topic gets discussed, it's the same old same old same old repeated over and over and ad nauseum...

you now have 1 body of drivers certified. how about seeing how they make out before deciding the same will work everywhere else....

personally, i think L3 gave everyone a lesson on how to rationally discuss a sensitive topic... well done, sir... B)

Twinstar, I'm with you... L3's post certainly stands top notch. But I must admit, I have to give creative visual/laugh value points to ADog for this one...

"If you are a truck driver driving muffins from point A to point B for Muffin INC.,I believe you will get your money for your driving regardless if the truck is empty or full. Right?"

... "Muffins INC." :lol::D

Hey, I'm going flying AGAIN in the A.M. and I'm pretty happy about it.

Just go flying people!.....

And all the union wankers and Boo Hooers can navel gaze all they want.

How's that for plain language.

Max

Off I go to! South of the border for couple weeks maybe more if the yankees can afford it.

H.B........you are most "certainly", worth fighting over ;):wub:

Ha ha ha !! In that case, I'm going to go right now and put on my very best dress... and wait patiently for everyone to show up (in Chickenhawk-like, rotor overlapping formation... Cap, I expect you there too... but I want you to sit beside me & watch the show !!) at the Amphitheatre !! Who said chivalry was dead!? FUN !!

:D :D :P:lol:

Just a reminder to the people providing comments on this thread that are not CHC global pilots.

The background of most CHC drivers from Canada that I've worked with and met include but is not limited to the following. Heli-ski pilots, drill pilots, seismic pilots, fire fighting pilots, pool pilots, base pilots, base managers, chief pilots and instructor pilots. I and most if not all of the Canadian pilots I've been exposed to enjoyed the vfr portion of their careers.

Fly safe.