From The Left Seat

Guest bag swinnger

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The tilt seat isn't that great. Like was mentioned before, when your tilted, it doesn't matter what you do, the cyclic runs into your right thigh and affects your finesse (mine anyway) and it only has one tilt adjustment. It's easy to tilt down but to go back upright it's more difficult because of the door handle. The 212 mesh seats are the best with maybe a back cushion.

If you have a quick workout in the mornings for your lower back, it does wonders.

I have started using the seat just recently and at first I was frustrated with it, but after getting used to it, I actually like it. It takes time to get used to, kinda like long lining out of a astar sucks at first but after time it's no big deal.

Alpine Aerotech is very open to suggestions and would really like feed back on this seat so feel free anyone to call them and throw some thoughts or suggestions to them after all this is just the beginning of these seats begin designed.

I found the transwest seat to be the most comfortable and if you are flying with the old bell seats with the lumbar that digs in to the ol love handle, purchase yourself a ROHO wheelchair seat. They are anywhere from 250 to 400 bucks and if you go online you can get them custom made to your seats specs these are incredibly comfy. If you couple this seat with a good long line strap for upper body support 8-10 hours in the window will be a breeze!

Cheers,

oops

I have two of these ROHO Wheel Chair seats available for sale if anyone is interested. One new one and one fairly new. I loved it when I used it. Even with my fat *** with lots and lots of cushion they are fantastic!!! Fit nicely in your camp bag to. PM me if you are interested.

Cheers

Cosmo

Go with the Transwest seat the only seat it is second to is the Kmax seat.The seat is wider and it is easier to move towards the door.No problems getting in and out of the window either.No gimicks or fancy mechanisms to break at the worst time.

MMIKE You sure like to stir it up why don't you go make yourself useful and clean thew toilet.

I believe it to be a great idea to have a seat that tilts, while keeping you tight in the seat with shoulder belts on. I for one, think that a very loose lap belt in a medium is only slightly better then no belt at all.

Do you wear shoulder harnesses in Astar now?

Guest bag swinnger
Do you wear shoulder harnesses in Astar now?

I can't when I have the line on. I figure my luck could run out sooner or later and those thoughts led me to the question. At least I can fly with a tight lap belt in the Astar. Is the set up in the Lama similar?

I have quite a bit of time sitting in the Alpine seat. I was very excited about the concept and the fact that I would be able to wear my shoulder harnesses while leaning out the door.

My first experience was a two hour production job and I have to say it was ****! I got out of the machine feeling like I got beat up!

I have since figured out a great combination of accessories that enable me to fly 8 hours a day with no pain or fatigue.

As was mentioned earlier a Roho cushion, and shoulder harness pads are key. ( I bought some sheepskin pads off ebay) Also the spring tension is a bit high with three springs. One can figure a way to reduce that tension quite easily.

It is important for me to keep the shoulder straps tight, that keeps me tight to the seat...which in turn gives me more leverage to tilt the seat when it is time. (this is why you need pads. Otherwise the seatbelt will dig into your neck) If you have the shoulder straps loose, you are only tilting the seat from your ***...and that puts strain on your lower back. Also with too much spring tension the seat tries to straighten while you are leaning out...this causes a pressure point on your ribs that can be quite painful after a while. The Roho supports the right side of your butt to keep you more aligned with the tilt as well.

I do not like to stay in the bubble all the time and only lean out when it is time, this may have something to do with my comfort as well. Those that never leave the bubble might still have issues over a long day.

I have never had a problem hitting my right leg with the cyclic, I am 6'2" so that might have something to do with it, but this thread is the first I have heard of people having issues with that.

The position of the seat due to the mod is a bit too far forward and high for my liking, but one gets used to it. So in my opinion the benefits of being able to wear shoulder harnesses far outweigh the drawbacks of the seat. If you take some time and fit it to your liking it can be quite comfortable.

I have not seen the TW seat but would like to have a look...hopefully when BC catches fire I will have a chance to see one up close.

Cheers

Plink