Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Was That You Helilog?

I was watching the 6 o clock news on CBC, and they had a story on a Crane lifting the blades of the wind turbine up to the top of Grouse Mtn.

Very impressive, a lot of prep. for a job like that.

Was wondering if that was you Helilog?

Wishing everyone 8,s in the flight hours column this weekend!

I was watching the 6 o clock news on CBC, and they had a story on a Crane lifting the blades of the wind turbine up to the top of Grouse Mtn.

Very impressive, a lot of prep. for a job like that.

Was wondering if that was you Helilog?

Wishing everyone 8,s in the flight hours column this weekend!

Nope.......I was stuck logging (???), in Rankin Cove, just out of Tofino.

Yes, the lift went well I hear.

Tag lines are completely effective - the helicopter is carrying and positioning the load. Doesn't matter if it is 15,000 or 30,000 pounds.

I think that this windmill is pretty funny though. It is Vancouver trying to appear "green" for the Olympics, when in reality it has a terrible, inefficient public transportation system and is full of fake environmentalists who talk the talk, but don't live the lifestyle.

I also suspect that after the Olympics, the objectors will start fighting to get it removed as a visual blight on the landscape. Nothing like a token environmental action - oh, I was forgetting the Burrard Street bike lanes which should cause no end of humor from tomorrow!