Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Professional Behavior

Professionalism, telling the truth, and treating people with respect.

All too often, I tell myself, treat others as you would want to be treated tell the truth, be honest, and be up front. There is nothing worse than that sinking feeling of mistrust,hate mongering or living with a lie. Especially when lies and deceit affect the lives of other in a negative way. So very recently this evil demon has once again raised its ugly head.

Here is what happened.

There I was, coming to a time when a decision had to be made about moving on back to Canada for work. I had been speaking with who I though was a really nice guy working a small operation with a few jet boxes in the lower mainland. He seemed all to eager to help with some work. I was ready to put in a solid effort, attitude 100% positive, the day came, I got the call, my PPC had been scheduled for the following day so I hustled over to the mainland for the ride. It was a beautiful sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, after a day of studying the stuff I was ready, the training flights went well. At 13:00 in the door came non other than KO my heart sank, thinking “great” may as well been Guy Smith, I’m done, this guy is going to cut my flying to pieces and there is no way I will be able to impress this guy or pass the ride for that matter. I was extremely nervous, but gave it my best shot, and much to my surprise actually achieved what the examiner termed as “walking on water” for several of the sections of the ride and the elusive “4” at the end of the column. In fact I got 6 (4’s). and all the rest 3’s. Not only was I very pleased with myself for achieving such a high standard with such a remarkable and even a legendary pilot. The ride was informative and I picked up a few pointers as well.

So back home till the call to get going and everyone was smiles, me included! Life was good!

Friday and Saturday flew by I was still riding that feeling of accomplishment, feeling great, work was on the way!

Then it hit! Sunday 10am without warning I received a call from the boss, his first words were “ I am not going to be able to use you” when I asked what had changed, he was unable to provide an explanation and wanted off the telephone fast. I said “ hold on” what’s up? He replied “ No, No” Sorry can’t use you! Got to go thanks!

So what happened to giving a guy a chance? What was said to this guy and by whom that he was so scared even to explain, or provide any information. Was this the mysterious non existent black balling that doesn’t exist in this industry perpetuated by men of great honor?

Who would do such a thing and sewer a guy, without speaking to him face to face and allowing at the very least an opportunity to defend himself.

I am still in shock. To those who are quick to criticize me for having a less than perfect opinion of this industry I hope this little “true” story sheds some light on the reality of the slimeball behavior that exists amongst management and the “great men” in this industry.

I would like nothing more than to believe he opposite, but the proof is in the pudding as granny used to say.

Unreal!

Cheers

HF

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A painting instructor once told me that painting is like a roller coaster. When you are climbing, and it's really hard and slow, you are learning (ie: a steep learning curve). And when you are coasting, and things are really moving and seems so great, you're coasting on what you just learned. The most important thing to remember, he told me, is to just hang on.

I'm replying to your post mostly because I'm afraid of the lashing you are going to get, again, from a lot of people on here. You, like me, don't seem to learn very well from beatings. Please take what you like from the following, and leave the rest. And know that I am responding to your post because I don't want to see you get beaten to a pulp anymore. I find it upsetting. And less than dignified, on everyone's part.

I repeat, take what you like, and leave the rest.

It's not appropriate to slag management. Ever.

1.) Because this is known as 'wining' and it physically does nothing except make noise pollution, raise your frustration level, and everyone else's frustration level around you. Complaining without contributing to any kind of solution = pollution. PERIOD.

2.) Because "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

3.) It's bad form. Period. I don't care why. I don't care how. What. Who where or when. When you do this, no matter what, the only person who ends up looking bad, is you.

Like me, you seem to have a great deal of energy. From what you are saying here, you know how to fly and quite well, at that. Which is great. But from what I can see, you need to stop compulsively complaining like this. NOW. Because it's seriously a chronic problem for you.

And you need to channel your frustrations more effectively. Because even though I'm quite sure you don't mean to, you're coming across like a real a$$ here. And the one and only thing you are doing here effectively, is sending out hundreds of invitations to get pulverized.

Maybe you need to be more open to seeing how you're repelling people. It's great that you called that employer back, but sometimes that's not enough. Read a book on body language and etiquette, learn what you're doing wrong, and and go back.

(Yes, off topic, but it took me 6 attempts to get into the gallery I show with in Canada. I didn't once complain, not once slag them, not once pointed the finger at anyone but myself.)

I know it's hard to learn anything from a beating. But you have to stop inviting people to treat you this way. I hope you don't get another one because of this thread. Because it's seriously NOT pretty.

Good luck.

HB

post-4857-1247427485_thumb.jpg

A painting instructor once told me that painting is like a roller coaster. When you are climbing, and it's really hard and slow, you are learning (ie: a steep learning curve). And when you are coasting, and things are really moving and seems so great, you're coasting on what you just learned. The most important thing to remember, he told me, is to just hang on.

I'm replying to your post mostly because I'm afraid of the lashing you are going to get, again, from a lot of people on here. You, like me, don't seem to learn very well from beatings. Please take what you like from the following, and leave the rest. And know that I am responding to your post because I don't want to see you get beaten to a pulp anymore. I find it upsetting. And less than dignified, on everyone's part.

I repeat, take what you like, and leave the rest.

It's not appropriate to slag management. Ever.

1.) Because this is known as 'wining' and it physically does nothing except make noise pollution, raise your frustration level, and everyone else's frustration level around you. Complaining without contributing to any kind of solution = pollution. PERIOD.

2.) Because "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem."

3.) It's bad form. Period. I don't care why. I don't care how. What. Who where or when. When you do this, no matter what, the only person who ends up looking bad, is you.

Like me, you seem to have a great deal of energy. From what you are saying here, you know how to fly and quite well, at that. Which is great. But from what I can see, you need to stop compulsively complaining like this. NOW. Because it's seriously a chronic problem for you.

And you need to channel your frustrations more effectively. Because even though I'm quite sure you don't mean to, you're coming across like a real a$$ here. And the one and only thing you are doing here effectively, is sending out hundreds of invitations to get pulverized.

Maybe you need to be more open to seeing how you're repelling people. It's great that you called that employer back, but sometimes that's not enough. Read a book on body language and etiquette, learn what you're doing wrong, and and go back.

(Yes, off topic, but it took me 6 attempts to get into the gallery I show with in Canada. I didn't once complain, not once slag them, not once pointed the finger at anyone but myself.)

I know it's hard to learn anything from a beating. But you have to stop inviting people to treat you this way. I hope you don't get another one because of this thread. Because it's seriously NOT pretty.

Good luck.

HB

Hmmm... Not a bad post at all HB. Sort of nailed it dead on. :up: :up:

The only "body Language" this old fart understands is, that if she is batting her eyes at you, buying you Scotch, and swinging her hips, you're probably off to the races!! :shock: :shock:

Helo- Bird

Thanks for the insight, and believe me I would like nothing better than to fly under the radar undetected, but there comes a time when a person has been pushed so many times that a full battery response is comming. After being slammed one to many times its a miracle I haven't gone postal!! or just given up in the big way!!

So let them beat me up! Go for it!! If this is what they do best then fine. I expect nothing less from the "great" men of this fair and completely honest industry. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind words and insight, though.

Cheers

HF

Thank you, Splitpin. I am indebted to you for helping clear my head on a similar matter.

HF: You are welcome. I hope you might reconsider.

Twinstar, Please accept my sincere apology for having posted far too often and sometimes in ways that may have been frustrating for you. Yours is a thankless job, and I know I can speak for everyone here in saying that you are greatly appreciated. xo.

Did you do bad?? Are you in trouble?? Is the sky falling?? :D:D

Everything is fine. I did something weird on the computer. Thank you for caring about my well being.

We're off topic again. I think this thread is supposed to be Happyfeet's request for lashings.

You know, HF, there are alternative underground clubs for people who enjoy this kind of thing.

Everything is fine. I did something weird on the computer. Thank you for caring about my well being.

We're off topic again. I think this thread is supposed to be Happyfeet's request for lashings.

You know, HF, there are alternative underground clubs for people who enjoy this kind of thing.

Yes, yes HB! I am waiting! I tried some of those underground club you mentioned, but was banned! :lol:

Cheers

HF