Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Professional Behavior

Yes, yes HB! I am waiting! I tried some of those underground club you mentioned, but was banned! :lol:

Cheers

HF

The only people they will ban are brats and aholes. You might want to pick yourself up a book on etiquette, in that field as well. I tend to think you're more of a brat (an unruly submissive) than an ahole (a dangerous dominant). From what I have read (as I tend to be a total research junkie/complete nerd), you just need to be dominated (very) well. But you really do need to learn how to be a very very good boy, first.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only people they will ban are brats and aholes. You might want to pick yourself up a book on etiquette, in that field as well. I tend to think you're more of a brat (an unruly submissive) than an ahole (a dangerous dominant). From what I have read (as I tend to be a total research junkie/complete nerd), you just need to be dominated (very) well. But you really do need to learn how to be a very very good boy, first.

Creepy and yet interesting at the same time!

HF

Hiya Happyfeet,

Here's my 2 bits on workplace survival. Kinda basic...

If you don't like what's going down you have 4 options:

1. Ignore it and get on with the job;

2. Tell management what you don't like and why; make (positive) suggestions for how things could be made better for you, and get on with the job;

3. Complain to your colleagues and get fired; or

4. Quit, because the situation is hopeless.

This is not necessarily a process, nor linear, and multiple iterations with variations are not uncommon.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of option 3. It can backfire with considerable, long term blow-back.

I'm also very careful to have a boss I can trust to be fair. I don't know what the h&ll's going on up there in the rarefied atmosphere of boss land, it's not my job to know, and I don't wanna know. I just wanna know that 'my guy' up there is gonna try really hard to be fair and to do his best for all of us, owner included. An impossible job, really, and perfection is not expected. (See options 1 & 2 above.)

My job is to make money for the owner: Maximize revenue and minimize expenses, in a long term, sustainable way. I take my job seriously, and have fun doing it. Bosses seem to like this.

At 50 yrs old I've been to a few rodeos and around the block a couple of times. However I've only been a working pilot for the last 8 yrs, so I'm still kinda green. And really, one person's apparent 'wisdom' is another person's obvious dreck. Get what you pay for, maybe, if you're lucky.

Hope your luck picks up!

Dick

Some good advice here, HF. I'd take it to heart and launder your grotty knickers at home.

I don't think that personal attacks on a public forum are a career advancing move. Whether the complaint is valid or not is not relevant, it's the venue.

Life is not always fair so be "very careful to have a boss [you] can trust to be fair." Also see point #2 from dimit.

Good luck, keep your head down . . . . .

Hiya Happyfeet,

Here's my 2 bits on workplace survival. Kinda basic...

If you don't like what's going down you have 4 options:

1. Ignore it and get on with the job;

2. Tell management what you don't like and why; make (positive) suggestions for how things could be made better for you, and get on with the job;

3. Complain to your colleagues and get fired; or

4. Quit, because the situation is hopeless.

This is not necessarily a process, nor linear, and multiple iterations with variations are not uncommon.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of option 3. It can backfire with considerable, long term blow-back.

I'm also very careful to have a boss I can trust to be fair. I don't know what the h&ll's going on up there in the rarefied atmosphere of boss land, it's not my job to know, and I don't wanna know. I just wanna know that 'my guy' up there is gonna try really hard to be fair and to do his best for all of us, owner included. An impossible job, really, and perfection is not expected. (See options 1 & 2 above.)

My job is to make money for the owner: Maximize revenue and minimize expenses, in a long term, sustainable way. I take my job seriously, and have fun doing it. Bosses seem to like this.

At 50 yrs old I've been to a few rodeos and around the block a couple of times. However I've only been a working pilot for the last 8 yrs, so I'm still kinda green. And really, one person's apparent 'wisdom' is another person's obvious dreck. Get what you pay for, maybe, if you're lucky.

Hope your luck picks up!

Dick

Dick,

Good post- I would hire you or someone with similar attitude. Good to hear something positive on this forum thing. (unfortunately I don't need to hire any pilots right now, we have good staff with great attitudes)

B.M.

Dick, Mike, CJ

That's great advice! when you have a job! Fantastic!

But what the heck is a guy to do. Its brutal! You first have to know what or who is doing what? Everything is shrouded in silence. Redacted!!

This is why it is referred to as blackballing or black listing, the person is helpless to do anything, and doing nothing does nothing as well. The industry obviously encourages this behavior.

These are facts, not fiction, as much as I wish they where.

I wouldn't be upset about the matter, if the guy had lost the contract, or decided that my skills were not up to the job. Fine, I can accept that, but to say nothing, mute, no explanation at all.

I am sure you could appreciate how this would drive a person to madness.

Cheers and thanks for the advice!

HF

Did you ever think that possibly that company lost a contract or two and they just couldn't use you and the company just didn't feel like explaining it??? Not that it would be possible in this economy and all!

You sound like a paranoid personality. Is "everyone" really out to get you?

I think this is what I meant when referring to 'brat' behavior, and your needing a high quality of domination if you're ever going to feel safe enough to submit to any boss, any manager, any employer.... Unfortunately, No manager, no boss, no company owner has the time, patients, or desire to give you this kind of attention that you seem to so desperately need. Forgive my 'creepy/interesting' reference, but it translates effectively here. I'm glad you're doing your song and dance here on this forum. Because you're getting a lot of great feedback. All you need to do is let it sink in. Which isn't easy when you're as stubborn and determined as you are. Great qualities to have when they are working for you...

"Our strongest qualities, taken to the extreme, become our greatest weaknesses."

My Father has bi-polar manic depressive disorder. He not only has that, but also has extreme (extreme) paranoia and psychosis. And if he can learn how to control his thoughts and feelings as well as he has, so can you. So, with all due respect, suck it up.

It's very important that you stop behaving like a victim. And take control of your attitude, your thinking, your emotions and your behavior. You're in charge of your life here. No one else. No one owes you anything. And you're not entitled to anything either. Improve your character and integrity, and the rest will follow.

This isn't going to 'drive you to madness.' You're just frustrated. And you need to learn how to deal with that properly. Employers, management, people running companies, especially right now, are under a great deal of pressure, stress and responsibility. And they are doing their very best to keep their lives, the lives of their families at home, their employees lives, and everything at the office running smoothly. THAT is NOT an easy thing to do.

Next...

Hang in there. You can do it.