Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Happyfeet And The Professional Behaviour Thread.

Sigh.

If being sane was a job requirement most of the pilots I know would be grounded.

You have to be a bit crazy to do this work.

Wait.....whats that dripping sound?????

Oh never mind.....it's just my heart. Or maybe one of my hemorrhoids.

Hey Deuce.. I'm with you but HF comments were way past acceptable. I don't know the man and all I can do is judge him from his posts.

Wish everyone well in this goofy year but I/we don't need to hear death threats.

Maybe we should start a thread "Bitter psycho pilots vs 100 pilots that can't get a job.

I don't care who he is. That post was UNACCEPTABLE!

I've lost too many friends in this industry to listen to some pratt whine and issue threats on this forum.

We have a rememberance thread for gods sakes!

Having someone spew death and venom is beyond comprehension.

Then again it is a public forum so.....

Regards

Max

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HF's comments were way past anything acceptable to a professional in this industry. Most people I know are dealing with an extremely slow winter combined with a mediocre (at best) summer season... and nobody else is wishing death and dismemberment upon their peers. I realize he is gone and I think he should stay gone. Yeesh.

I have conversed with J.R. a number of times behind the scenes for a number of years.....some conversations went well.....some "not"!

His heart is in the right place.....but has "issues", not just with the industry, but with life in general.....like a lot of us.

I do have a twinge of sympathy for J.......he."is" trying", but becomes misguided easily. Inner demons perhaps?

What transpired on that particular thread was unacceptable......not sticking up for the man, but it sounds as though his issues in life, are more severe, and perhaps desperate?

If your reading this J.......I am wishing you the best of luck (honestly) !

Bob

...with 2 kids and no money for food...

Bingo. I knew there were younguns involved, too. They come first, J, whatever it takes. I know talk is cheap, but if that means snaggin' a job outside-industry for the time being, so be it.

AED and DTIII: I had a pterodactyl bee harrassin' me yesterday that was scarier than you two put together. Not offended in the least! Bzzzz...

I have conversed with J.R. a number of times behind the scenes for a number of years.....some conversations went well.....some "not"!

His heart is in the right place.....but has "issues", not just with the industry, but with life in general.....like a lot of us.

I do have a twinge of sympathy for J.......he."is" trying", but becomes misguided easily. Inner demons perhaps?

What transpired on that particular thread was unacceptable......not sticking up for the man, but it sounds as though his issues in life, are more severe, and perhaps desperate?

If your reading this J.......I am wishing you the best of luck (honestly) !

Bob

:wub:

Xmass in July, and I dont mean this shyt weather. Had some PM"s this morn in the inbox from some vetran pilots looking to give some cash and help to HF. I along with already a few guys (pilots from work, and guys on this site) are also going to pitch in and help with whatever they can. I didnt even have to finish my sentence with some of these guys befor they asked, how much? Brothers in arms, thats just great!!

Xmass in July, and I dont mean this shyt weather. Had some PM"s this morn in the inbox from some vetran pilots looking to give some cash and help to HF. I along with already a few guys (pilots from work, and guys on this site) are also going to pitch in and help with whatever they can. I didnt even have to finish my sentence with some of these guys befor they asked, how much? Brothers in arms, thats just great!!

This is amazing and helps reaffirm my faith in my brethren!

To return briefly to the original topic - Buried in all the mean remarks in the original thread, I think there was some good advice about keeping private battles private. I still think that is important and may have spared HF much of the grief he and his family suffer today, although the (Happy) feet in mouth seems to have been a long standing situation.

Along with the financial support, I'd hope that friends (here) and family can lend some moral support. This definitely sounds like a very low point for HF.

Cheers . . . .

I sense another reality tv show just around the corner, in the time slot just after Heli-Loggers....Heli-Insane Intervention.

I'm most likely going to catch **** from a few of you, or maybe even be accused of being a negative, industry hater again by some misguided person but here goes: for the love of everything that is free and good why in the he!! should I/we try to decipher someones rantings (again) as a cry for help and come rushing in with hugs and touchy-feely sentiment? So we can feel human? So we feel like we've done our good deed for the day? If you want help, be a man and ask for it.

Many people on this forum, myself included, have taken other jobs over the years to make ends meet and feed the family. Yes I have a job right now, a dam* good one and I'm lucky to have it. Never been screwed over by my employer and never tried to screw them over or tell them how to run thier business. I'm a big believer in creating your own situation in life. Good "karma" will help you surf the waves and ride high, the bad stuff will bite you in the a$$.

Keep your head on straight, keep the customers and your employer happy to the best of your ability, do what ever it takes to protect your family without being a class A-1 nutjob, but above all else....endeavour to make wise decisions everyday.

Too much Oprah and Dr. Phill will rot your brain and make you want to hug everybody.

My names at the bottom, fire away.