Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Happyfeet And The Professional Behaviour Thread.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I do a more reading and trying to learn than I do posting, but my reading (on this forum) has slackened a lot in the past year or 2. And there is a good reason for that.

Duece started by saying people went over board in their responses and posts and I have to trust that as I did not read the original thread. Others state that he (JR/HF et al.) asks for it given his posts.

Now here is the thing for me. A snotty, ignorant, rude post may occur and it seems many feel the need to comment and add their own snotty rude rant and very quickly the thread goes for a sh*t and becomes useless except for a psych major writing a thesis. And this happens more often than not.

Max C comments that one can only "judge" the man by his posts and that brings up my main argument with this entire forum.

Who in heck tells us that we need to judge? In my narrow little life every time I judge I get a big mirror to have a look into and some crow to eat and man, I am sick of the taste.

If you do not like a post/rant etc why not just move on? Why the need to slam and try to feel/prove you are superior? And the anonimity that these types of forums give only makes things worse.

And I hate even saying that - I can not spell and need to learn to listen more talk less etc.

No one needs to suggest a group hug, donate money, shoot the f***er etc. Just actual mature discussion would be nice for a change without the side insults and holier than thou replies. Wry humour is hard here too as email does not have body language and can be taken the wrong way very easily.

And if I read one more rant that ends with " just my 2 cents worth" as if that excuses one from rational thought or common decency.....

PS - I am also struggling with cash flow and have had my share of downtime this season. I hope it gets better but one thing that I have learned that I would like to share - I have my attitude issues (unlike some of the posters who I am certain are related to god!) and I have fought this year to control them as I can not afford to lose work because of it. And maybe I will be able to apply this new skill to all of my life and keep improving my attitude at work, home or wherever. Maybe down times are opportunities as much as setbacks. At least that is how I am looking at it in my life.

And yes, kids do not choose parents and to those of you who want to help his family YOU are the type of people who will save this sorry-a** world. :)

:up: This is too hillarious...

geezzz ... goldie is rigth ... the story is rigth on the table ... i had to laugh...

well just my 2 cents .. i am out of the industry too for the time being and i think it don't take a DR.PHd . in DPH to see that there is nothing out there for now.

anyhow i would ad the whole story to my threed ... Good old Storys ... in a few years ..

Please keep bitching and moaning and a bit of christmas too, so it gives me something to laugh about ...

and i hope i will remember that again when i have to surfive or dive ...

did i spellt something wrong ... ???

HB

:up: This is too hillarious...

geezzz ... goldie is rigth ... the story is rigth on the table ... i had to laugh...

well just my 2 cents .. i am out of the industry too for the time being and i think it don't take a DR.PHd . in DPH to see that there is nothing out there for now.

anyhow i would ad the whole story to my threed ... Good old Storys ... in a few years ..

Please keep bitching and moaning and a bit of christmas too, so it gives me something to laugh about ...

and i hope i will remember that again when i have to surfive or dive ...

did i spellt something wrong ... ???

HB

Too funny....... spewed some savignon blanc on my keyboard.

Love the little heart thingy !!

It's stinking busy out here on the left coast. Everyone stay safe, everyone goes home at the end of it all !!

Cheers

:rolleyes:

"with a seemingly embittered alpha-female-psychobabblian"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Embittered?? :blink: Sorry sweetheart, not a chance.

And me? Alpha? :lol: :lol:

No wonder you're responding this way !! GEEZ !!

I'm no Alpha !! I'm not even a lower case 'a' alpha.

I'm a skinny friggin' research junkie, dorky art nerd that wants to fly.

Save your chick cards for someone else, Your Royal Highness. I'm a lover, not a fighter...

Happyfeet... we miss you !! Jello wrestling awaits !!

:D

What are you talking about?! Upper or lower case alpha......I used to like this forum...yawn!!!

The problem I see is the anonymous names, no one to call you on all the bulls h i t!

If you have something to say, why not attach your real name to it.

Imagine the difference if on Monday morning you could say "guess what Bob Jones said from ABC helicopters said on vertical"? Na let’s just hide behind our multiple handles and see if a stupid fish bites!!! :jerry:

I know, I spell like a pilot.

Rob

Now here is the thing for me. A snotty, ignorant, rude post may occur and it seems many feel the need to comment and add their own snotty rude rant and very quickly the thread goes for a sh*t and becomes useless ...

Who in heck tells us that we need to judge? ... If you do not like a post/rant etc why not just move on? Why the need to slam and try to feel/prove you are superior? And the anonimity that these types of forums give only makes things worse.

Just actual mature discussion would be nice for a change without the side insults and holier than thou replies. Wry humour is hard here too as email does not have body language and can be taken the wrong way very easily.

And if I read one more rant that ends with " just my 2 cents worth" as if that excuses one from rational thought or common decency.....

And maybe I will be able to apply this new skill to all of my life and keep improving my attitude at work, home or wherever.

Thanks Bugman. These are great points. We don't need the caustic put-downs and dumb one-liners. I don't even mind the poor spelling and grammar if the Poster has some interesting content.

Cheers . . . .

The problem I see is the anonymous names, no one to call you on all the bulls h i t!

If you have something to say, why not attach your real name to it.

Imagine the difference if on Monday morning you could say "guess what Bob Jones said from ABC helicopters said on vertical"? Na let’s just hide behind our multiple handles and see if a stupid fish bites!!! :jerry:

I know, I spell like a pilot.

Rob

Ya This place would be far more productive and interesting if everyone used their REAL names.