Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Come To Kelowna Guys Here We Go Again

some of the flying ships are from Valhalla / Skyline / Wildcat / Transwest / Eclipes / Canadian

those are just the ones ive heard in the last couple hours last night

Thank you, PedalJam.

re: Conair crew...

"The lone person on board, a male pilot, was able to escape out of the aircraft, Pedersen said. There were no reported injuries and he was taken to hospital for observation."

Good news the pilot is okay.

Wishing everyone very safe flights.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for attempting to raise my awareness. My comment to CJM91 was sincere and meant as a compliment. "It shows." As in, I can tell this person listens a lot in the consideration, respect and contribution evident in their posts. I value reading this persons thoughtful and considerate posts very much (as they are already aware of). My post was meant as nothing else.

HB

Although HB's comment could have been taken either way, because of our brief PM history, I understood it to be a compliment and took it as such, much appreciated. And thanks to those who noted the (perceived) rudeness.

I'm sorry I didn't get on to this sooner - it could have cooled the flames.

HB: Regarding Hxs on the Kelowna Fire, there is the Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre Inc. National Wildland Fire Situation Report. It is national in scope and doesn't give names but has heaps of current and backgound statistics.

http://www.ciffc.ca/index.php?option=com_c...&Itemid=212

If this link has been posted before, sorry for the repeat.

Cheers . . . . .

tonights news had a home vid shot from lakeshore of the tanker crash

they replayed it 3 times and each time you can hear the cameraman or somebody

standing very close clearly say just before touchdown....

" oh s*it , they left the gear down "

I'm not saying that is what caused this , but somebody on shore didnt think what they saw

was a good thing

thnx to the two guys who got there quick and helped out

OK ...I'm tapping out of this forum.

I'm sick of the P/C touchy feely trend that has crept into this forum. Why do we accommodate these lurker pratts that have nothing to contribute except their skewed liberal views on a subject that they know half of nothing about! This is a forum FOR helicopter crew by people in aviation. I don't need to be second guessing everything I want to post for fear of offending . Aviators develope a pretty thick skin over the years and we should treat this forum for what it is. A forum for helicopter people!

Bye all...see you in the field.

Max

P.S. Nice work H.B

I'm sick of the P/C touchy feely trend that has crept into this forum. Why do we accommodate these lurker pratts that have nothing to contribute except their skewed liberal views on a subject that they know half of nothing about! This is a forum FOR helicopter crew by people in aviation. I don't need to be second guessing everything I want to post for fear of offending . Aviators develope a pretty thick skin over the years and we should treat this forum for what it is. A forum for helicopter people!

Max

P.S. Nice work H.B

I'm considering joining you M.C.

Although HB's comment could have been taken either way, because of our brief PM history, I understood it to be a compliment and took it as such, much appreciated. And thanks to those who noted the (perceived) rudeness.

I'm sorry I didn't get on to this sooner - it could have cooled the flames.

HB: Regarding Hxs on the Kelowna Fire, there is the Canadian Interagency Forest Fire Centre Inc. National Wildland Fire Situation Report. It is national in scope and doesn't give names but has heaps of current and backgound statistics.

http://www.ciffc.ca/index.php?option=com_c...&Itemid=212

If this link has been posted before, sorry for the repeat.

Cheers . . . . .

Thanks for the information & posting that link, CJM91. And also for decoding my previous, somewhat cryptic, post.

Max

P.S. Nice work H.B

I couldn't agree with you more...see ya!

Sirlansalot- So which fires whould you have commited resources to, the two that had the chance to burn a couple of thousand homes and businesses or the one up on the top of the bench in the middle of no where affecting very few people?

Well 212wrench if you want to start it? They had more than enough resources. I didn't say pull anything off the other fires and jeprodize anyone or anything. I just figured with the shear amount of resource available, they could of easily put more on. The only show in the country is Kelowna. Alberta is blue....do you know what that means...absolutly nothing going on. And If I am not mistaken, the day that fire blew up, came the evacuation notices for homes along the lake shore, so I guess those homes are different than the other homes? What ever 212. :down: